Your Picks for MH questions for 09 paper (1 Viewer)

tjo176

HSC
i would know nothing about the army, id struggle.

any ideas?

conflict in europe im hoping for something on civilians at war,homefronts or holocaust.

Evertonian

HSC

any ideas?

conflict in europe im hoping for something on civilians at war,homefronts or holocaust.
Ok for the army talk about

Treaty of Versailles - imposed peace (diktat), Demilitirisation, how it upset the army
Kapp Putsch
Spartacist Uprising
Army Never accepted the democracy/constitution

kelllly

HSC

any ideas?
Elaborating on Evertonian's ideas:

Key feature and issue:

• the influence of the German army
1. the role of the army in the Weimar Republic
2. the role of the army within the Third Reich

1. the role of the army in the Weimar Republic

The army undermined the Weimar Republic. They:

- encouraged the Stab in the Back myth
- allowed the government to take the humiliation of the signing of the Treaty of Versailles
- refused to suppress the right-wing Kapp Putsch
- followed its own policies (Hans von Seekt)
- had influence in politics (Paul von Hindeburg and Kurt von Schleicher)

2. the role of the army within the Third Reich

The Nazis took steps to gradually increase their control over the army. They included:

- the Night of the Long Knives
- the Wehrmacht Defence Law 1935
- Hilter's position as Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces

The army didn't oppose the Nazis because:

- they underestimated Hitler
- they were content with Hitler's achievements
- they lost their independence (e.g. oath of loyalty to Hitler)

mocksock

HSC
N/A
Would they pick a question for Germany, oNE FOR weimar & one for nazism, or might they merge both together ..

i hope for weimar..

conflict in the pacific - home fronts of jap & aus would be the worst question.

tku336

HSC
Lol, when Gittens visited us he was actually really bad. Great writer, not so good with the talking thing.

I think our trial and assessment questions are pretty likely to come up

Germany - Role of army in collapse of weimar republic; racial policy; hitler's role in NP

Indochina - anti-war movement; (Pol Pot/KR i think ... cant remember other one)

Clifford

HSC
What would you say was the role, direct role, of the army in the failure of the Weimar Republic? Wouldn't that be sort of limited... I know you can argue against the questoin, and include other factors, but that's always so cheap...

mckensara

HSC
ken webb is your teacher! that's fucking awesome. That's the equivalent of having Ross Gittens as an economics teacher
haha yeah he is awesome
i went from middle in the year to 2nd under his guidance :D

our trial was Weimar and Nazi Racial Policy.

Webb didnt focus on "role of the army" much at all....
i would be lost in that quesiton

tku336

HSC
Army is mad ...

Talk about how they undermined the republic e.g. von seekt thought he was a mad cunt and said things like "The army, Mr President, stands behind me" and "Reichswehr does not fire upon Reischwehr" in response to Kapp Putsch. Talk about how the army put down left wing revolts but not right wing.

Talk about how it was the ARMY that RAN germany - hindenburg was an ex military guy, von seekt and von papen and bruning were all military guys. In my assessment i then talked about how it was the army that presseured hindenburg to appoint hitler.

Then bring in other factors - eco depression, social, political instability ect - BUT link these or compare these to army. e.g. my argument ran it was the army that acted as a catalyst for these other pressures which ultimately led to weimar collapse.

funkyknight

HSC
for germany:

according to my teacher.. army is a very unlikely question to get..

because the last time the board gave out army it was slammed because not enough kids could write enough on it...

having said that its not like 'media criticisms' stopped them from giving 1 related text in area of study...

i think the rise of the nazi party or accession of hitler (basically the same thing) could come...

good luck everyone!:)

Scinery

HSC
Don't the questions come from the key features part of the syllabus? Can they actually ask us industrialization/collectivization/consolidation? Ok if it is I am fucked lol I've been planning for foreign policy aims and totalitarianism...

j_katz91

HSC
it is meant to b friggin 35 degrees max on tues.....aaaaaa

Clifford

HSC
Army is mad ...

Talk about how they undermined the republic e.g. von seekt thought he was a mad cunt and said things like "The army, Mr President, stands behind me" and "Reichswehr does not fire upon Reischwehr" in response to Kapp Putsch. Talk about how the army put down left wing revolts but not right wing.

Talk about how it was the ARMY that RAN germany - hindenburg was an ex military guy, von seekt and von papen and bruning were all military guys. In my assessment i then talked about how it was the army that presseured hindenburg to appoint hitler.

Then bring in other factors - eco depression, social, political instability ect - BUT link these or compare these to army. e.g. my argument ran it was the army that acted as a catalyst for these other pressures which ultimately led to weimar collapse.
Ha, 'Von Seekt thought he was a mad cunt' - he pretty much was... I can just picture the french coming up to him and going, "Hey, you've heard of that crazy little thing called the Versailles Treaty and its military limitations, right?" and he'd just state blankly and go "What ist dast?" :mad1:

Do you think it'd be more likely a 'role of army in fall of Weimar' or 'role of army in the Weimar Republic/Nazi state'? I'd probably prefer the latter... I honestly think the army had a secondary role in bringing down the republic. I mean, it was resistant, but only reactively; it never acted against the Republic independantly.

E

Empyrean444

I would say it's most likely to be role of the army 1918-1939.

KnifeySpoony

HSC
Russia: please don't ask any bullshit about LEFT vs RIGHT and whatever, arghhhhh

tjo176

HSC
what year did they ask about army?

maybe im missing something...

Danmiff

HSC
Germany:
1) Assess the role of the depression in Hitler's Rise to power
2) Analyse the impact of Nazi ideology on foreign policy from 1933-1939

Conflict in Europe:
1) Assess the significance of the North Africa Campaign as a turning point in WWII
2) Account for Germany's military success up until 1941

TRUST. ME. these will be the questions
...i have insider knowledge...

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Russia: please don't ask any bullshit about LEFT vs RIGHT and whatever, arghhhhh
Wow, that would be an awesome essay! You'd just talk about the the Decree on party unity, the NEP, the Scissors Crisis and Stalin taking advantage of the Left V Right arguing :D

Come on origins of the Cold War! Be in there just for me :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)