Your style of acting (1 Viewer)

Cos

I'm sure there are heaps of talented people that post on these forums, so share with us what your prominent style of acting is whether it's farce or Shakespearean or comedic, etc.

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
realism - definetely... it's the style i prefer most, but a dab of absurdism, or "cartoonism" even are both fun... But overall i'll have to go with grk_styl: I can't act either... haha! Funny (or ironic even) how drama students "think" they can't act! haha...

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Originally posted by cmaddogz
realism - definetely... it's the style i prefer most, but a dab of absurdism, or "cartoonism" even are both fun... But overall i'll have to go with grk_styl: I can't act either... haha! Funny (or ironic even) how drama students "think" they can't act! haha...

lol Yes but I don't THINK it, I KNOW it. And to seriously answer the question, I have to disagree with you cmaddogz I don't like absurdism (apart from Zoo Story which was so powerful). And realism is always great.

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
ima dibble babbler....

i use to always perform-well, most of the time, perform pieces that were... well, very theatrical as in freaky/weird..... not heartwwrenching emotional but ones that freaked you inthe not gothic way-lol.. gotta name for that?
but it wasnt that i deliberately chose pieces that had that effect.. im a night-before kinda person, and these were the pieces i ended up with!! dont ask me!i have no idea how my mind works......
this year im heading towards a more physically demanding style... im experimenting with commedia dell'atre though i really got into absurdism for a while... heck, i tried combining the two!
but now since my class is studying meyehold, i find i have more opportunities to experiment with movement,which i love, but im still stick.....
sooo....
inanswer to your question.... NONE!
haha

kalinda

HSC
im open to try anything really
i love doin movement and abstract but i also love realism
i dont mind doing shakespeare and other older stuff
i did antigone once in the good old greek way which was really interesting
so i gather i dont really have a set method or style

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
oOOOo..... tom green i see...... very sexy.... verrry verrrrrry sexy!!
lol... starfish?... stasfish? where are you going starfish?

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Realism is all i can do... but i cant do even THAT well!!! I like trying other stuff but am totally unable to do it... i dont like realism, but i dont have the ability or FLEXability to do other styles... but im open to try (even though i rarely succed :) )

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
I can do comedy well, but am probably most confident with realism. I HATE acting anything too abstract.

I like to do something completely different each time I have an assessment. I've tried a whole range, commedia, realism, black comedy. I like acting Shakespeare too.

Last edited:

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
You know what i like... wait... LOVE, acting with a mask... i love masks... you just become someone else, no one knows who you are... hey Jem, how about a masquerade for our wedding??? :)

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
lol.... masks. oh gosh.. the memories!!!
i like masks coz it hides my face and so when i do crap no one knows its was meeeee!!!!
until i take off my mask.... grr .. stupid back to reality...
sometimes when i do realism, i just feel too .. i dont know, i feel as though i might appear as if im auditioning for a soapie!but i prefer styles that appear really different to reality. either by the way they perform to what they deal with.... sometimes, with realism... oh i dont know!
dont you ever get sick of reality sometimes? and i mean, i want to be entertained. i dont want life reflected back to me! i wasn to escape this life for the s while and get absorbed into one totally different and make believe...
oh! i dont know what im on about. ha! dont listen to me it all a load of poppy poop.-ewww gross, grandpa manure-..
realism isnt all that bad. sometimes

kalinda

HSC
i love abstract - especially when you do some movement and the teachs come up to you and are like
oooo i loved how you expressed the pain of loss with that hand drop and you just sit there and nod

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
Originally posted by kalinda
especially when you do some movement and the teachs come up to you and are like
oooo i loved how you expressed the pain of loss with that hand drop
egad!

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Originally posted by kalinda
i love abstract - especially when you do some movement and the teachs come up to you and are like
oooo i loved how you expressed the pain of loss with that hand drop and you just sit there and nod
no they thnk youve created a really out there meaning... and you had no idea... it was like when we needed to do a set design for no sugar.. i picked this grey background with splashes of red... and my teacher at the time (Dr Schulz) told me how the background was great, the red blood against the cold granite stone... im just like yeah... Granite :)

kalinda

HSC
lol i love it. ur teacher comment on ur work and the symbolism of it then u just write it in ur journal like it was all ur idea
;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)