Your Top/worst Subject? (1 Viewer)

bored of sc

HSC
change to mine

top - religion (100)

bottom (by alot) - english (70)

SpoonSamba

HSC
My top is drama, its my fave i love it and so i work hard and i get the marks as a result

my worst is chem. I do liek no work any more cos it got boring and now im jsut swamped in concepts i dnt understad cos i didnt do the work. if i did do the work id probs be doing pretty well but u know... thats jsut not how i roll lol

and i jsit wanna say i dnt get how ppl can be liek math/scientifically inclined over something else to me everythings the same its jsut i enjoy artsy stuff more so i try harder and get better results, but if i applied myself in teh same way to my matsh and science id do jutst as well. But some ppl r just left or right brainers, and thast cool but theres no need to slam the other types of subs.

negativerootof2

HSC
best - ext 1 maths although it isn't really the most interesting, maybe chem or ext 2 for that
worst - BIOLOGY without a single doubt, grr, so boring, although my teacher's really cool XD major star trek fan, slips in references in all of our worksheets/revision tests/whatever, pretty funny, doesn't help my marks in it though...

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Best subject: Extension Maths
Worst subject: Economics

As for the English bit, I honestly don't think that 'English is a subject for not smart people' - it just favours conceptual thinkers more, as opposed to those who prefer the science subjects with its right-or-wrong nature and concrete facts. I guess it just depends on what you personally look at when you define 'smart' - whether you think smart means being able to look at the issues and ideas behind a text, or being able to apply theoretical knowledge to the physical world around you.

By the way, I don't think you're very modest foram - you basically dissed the shit out of everybody at your school. :p

r0kstar

HSC
hey everyone!
i would also like to say that english is for the smarter people, who can actually use their brains to think outside the box! Foram, you do appear VERY up yourself haha
these are my percentages in subjects so far:

Eng- 90% (what a let down!)
Ext 1 Eng- 80% (any1 else hate crime fiction??)
Ext 2 Eng- 85%
General Maths- 87%
Chemistry- 99% (hahahaha total fluke)
Geography- 94%
Ancient History- 84%
Histiry Extension- 80%

year 11 was so much better than yr 12!! aurghh!! not fair y cant i keep my yr 11 marks? :(:(:(

if any1s doing the same subjects as me can they please tell me how thr doing? :)

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
meagan354 said:
best - legal studies
worst - 3u english
what module are you doing in exteng?

best- all histories equally tbh
worst- maths (purely in terms of marks, i understand the concepts and everything)

abalia

HSC
We haven't got any assessments back yet, really :( But I'd guess... Worst: Chemistry, English, Latin or French Best: Ancient History

michael1990

HSC
Business is the best!

I love it so much, when i hear things from the course it just clicks in my head lol.

Worse would be Economics at the moment.

st1m

HSC
The easeist question EVER

BEST- Chemistry and Physics

Worst- Adv English omg it is sooo boring

Aplus

HSC
N/A
abalia said:
We haven't got any assessments back yet, really :( But I'd guess... Worst: Chemistry, English, Latin or French Best: Ancient History
Worst is everything except Ancient History...

bored of sc

HSC
if people say maths is terrible and blah, blah and say they fail it and hate it with a vengence - than why do you do the damn subject? not what you thought maths was like? eh - too bad - so sad!!!! :apig:

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Well Maths is one of the most important subjects for most courses.

livi1312

HSC
Razizi said:
Top subject: Close between Economics and Mathematics, but I'd say Economics ;)

Worst subject: English :sleep:
dw about english.... what is ur topic?

:D

''Worst subject: English ''

bored of sc

HSC
Aplus said:
True, but if someone doesn't have the type of intellectual capacity to do maths but still wants to do it in a future course - they should definitely reassess their possibilities

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
I agree. Maths is truly as important as English, if not more. It is good idea to Maths even if it is General Maths.

However, on the other hands, I would truly not recommend Maths if someone is absolutely hopeless at it or if that someone has other subjects that he/she can excel in other than Maths. Apart from that, maths should be studied by everyone since it is fundamental assumed knowledge for many courses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)