Your University (1 Viewer)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Everyone seems to glorify their uni saying how much better their uni is compared to the others... but what are the worst aspects of your uni? Excluding the answer of student politics and the answer of that nothing is wrong with your uni.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Raiks said:
Everyone seems to glorify their uni saying how much better their uni is compared to the others... but what are the worst aspects of your uni? Excluding the answer of student politics and the answer of that nothing is wrong with your uni.
I go to UWS, we have to pay student fees for shit that doesnt really exist, or if it does, not at my campus, and part-time students should pay half what full timers do not 3/4.
There seems to be a lack of university lifestyle there is no party's or shit

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Gee, how can I say this in more than ten words. There we go, that's more.

Everything.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
The fact that they built a 1300ha campus a billion miles from the train station. Well, I guess that can't be helped :rolleyes:

I hate the cafeteria staff - they are bitches sometimes!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
the distances between my classes (this may be more "my problem" than a problem with my uni...) but it still shits me. Jumping from campus to campus is not fun.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Sarah168 said:
the distances between my classes (this may be more "my problem" than a problem with my uni...) but it still shits me. Jumping from campus to campus is not fun.
Which campus you on?? I'm assuming your a UWSer

Cape said:
I hate the cafeteria staff - they are bitches sometimes!
Why not take your own food from home it's alot cheaper

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
after visiting the usyd lidcombe campus, i think the amount of smoke from cigarettes at mac is really bad. they should try to have designated smokin areas.

hahah ironically, the song playing right now is nas - smokin' :p

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Korn said:
Why not take your own food from home it's alot cheaper
eh ... I do. But the people at Hawkesbury are the biggest bitches. They stand in the kitchen talking and yell at us for ringing to bell to pay for a drink or something else we buy. Its like, either I pay it and disrupt you for 2 minutes or I'll just walk out without paying. And yes, we have walked out before.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Cape said:
eh ... I do. But the people at Hawkesbury are the biggest bitches. They stand in the kitchen talking and yell at us for ringing to bell to pay for a drink or something else we buy. Its like, either I pay it and disrupt you for 2 minutes or I'll just walk out without paying. And yes, we have walked out before.
Take a drink to uni with your food.
If its soft drink like coke buy the big 3L or 1.5L and also buy 600ml then when your have drunk the 600ml keep the bottle and fill it up everyday from big bottles it works out cheaper.

If you take water even easier and cheaper just buy bottle of 600ml or 750ml water then at home use tap water to fill them up or if you dont like tap water, then boil water put it in a container and put in fridge then fill up in the morning

If you take coffee or tea make it in the morning and put it in a furnace

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I would take coffee - but I already get up before 6am for a 9 o'clock class - and to be perfectly honest - my brain doesn't function at that hour of the morning.

And theres no way I'm walking up the Hawkesbury driveway with billions of litres of coke.

I have spare change from the ticket machines on monday which I spent on food and drink if I need it. Spend $27 on the ticket - that leaves me with $13 in change, which lasts me a week at uni.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Cape said:
I would take coffee - but I already get up before 6am for a 9 o'clock class - and to be perfectly honest - my brain doesn't function at that hour of the morning.

And theres no way I'm walking up the Hawkesbury driveway with billions of litres of coke.

I have spare change from the ticket machines on monday which I spent on food and drink if I need it. Spend $27 on the ticket - that leaves me with $13 in change, which lasts me a week at uni.
I was saying take a 600ml bottle of coke leave the rest at home

doe

HSC
N/A
the stalkers

the location

the administration

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I'm not bothered by much at uni. But I might think different by the end of the year.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Korn said:
Which campus you on?? I'm assuming your a UWSer
nah Im a USYD'er. I hop from Camperdown to Darlington at least twice a day.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Sarah168 said:
nah Im a USYD'er. I hop from Camperdown to Darlington at least twice a day.
What I thought usyd only had three campuses the one near redfern, the one in orange (or some town like that) and the music one

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
unsw.. you know the huge walkway down to the Anzac Parade?

Well, its really windy there.. and if it rains!

Bam, you're wet even if you have a brolly.:(

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Korn said:
What I thought usyd only had three campuses the one near redfern, the one in orange (or some town like that) and the music one
we actually have like 8 or something if u include the law one, dentist one, orange, cumberland and rozelle and stuff lol.

darlington is near redfern (economics and business faculty-ish), whilst camperdown is the whole sandstone do thingo. They're separated by city road.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Hmm, what don't I like about UWA... er it's supposed to be all sandstone and mess but it's only as big as UNSW. Not enough grassy knols and stuff.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
The asbestos bags that seem to be littered around the construction zones at UNSW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)