Youth Allowance limit (1 Viewer)

_emily_

HSC
Hi,

Is it true that if you have a certain amount of money in your bank account (say more than $10,000), Centrelink stops your youth allowance?

Thanks, any help would be great :)

urmum65

HSC
it says $10,600 in income bank is the limit.

Sonesful

HSC
How can they even check how much money is in your bank account?

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
it says $10,600 in income bank is the limit.
That's 'income bank' not your asset. Income bank just means you can earn over X amount a fortnight before your payments gets reduced.

It's accrued something like 450 a fortnight, so lets say you haven't worked in 10 fortnights you get 4500 in your income bank. In the summer you somehow made 4500 in a fortnight, it wouldn't reduce your centrelink payments since you used the 4500 credit from your income bank.

Soneseful: they can give the ATO a call (since they're under the ATO) and find out what bank accounts in aus you have. If you lied to them (purposely) you are committing centrelink fraud and its a crime punishable up to 10 years imprisonment. Don't fuck with the gov.

For youth allowance, the max assets is 450k. So unless you got 450k in the bank you're fine.

StudyToDeath

HSC
I'm going to show proof of identity at Centrelink tomorrow afternoon. How like will I be expected to wait? I've heard you have to wait in line for HOURS!!!:eek2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)