yr 11& 12 in tafe????? (1 Viewer)

Mz.Utai

HSC
hey guys
i wantd 2 no if doing yr 11 and 12 in tafe in a year is equivilant to doing it in school. by equivilant i mean education wise, since its all in a year and so on. does anyone have any information about it and how good it is
plz nd thnx

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
All I can say about Tafe is that the environment is awesome and much more relaxed. As one of my subjects was a TVET course, I had to do it at tafe and it was great :D

Mz.Utai

HSC
yeh dats wat every1 says. all im concerned about is education wise and the standard it is at.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Mz.Utai said:
yeh dats wat every1 says. all im concerned about is education wise and the standard it is at.
If you study and put in the effort it wont make a difference. Even if you were to go to a great school, its not guaranteed that you'll do well. I personally found tafe to be relaxing, which allowed me to work better and my marks were great. :) Teachers, no matter where you go - will help if you want it and show that you care.

Lady Idun

Ipod Invader
HSC
I'm doing my year 12 through TAFE and it was the best decision I have ever made. At TAFE, year 11 & 12 are combined. Generally you will do about a weeks worth of preliminary work on each topic, then get into the HSC content. In doing it at TAFE, you also get your Prelim Cert. The requirements are that you attend all the lessons in term one, attempt the first assessment task and submit all work requested.

And you can take up to five years to do the HSC at TAFE :uhhuh: I did mine over two, doing four subjects last year and five this year. Everyone says that TAFE is easier, which it is for most people, but you have to be prepared to do a lot of work in your own time. It is very rare that a teacher will spoon feed you at TAFE. Also if you don't turn up for three weeks without a prior explaination, you get booted. Otherwise, TAFE is great! The subjects offered depend on the TAFE, but they are generally pretty good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)