Yr 11 Advanced English - Inner journeys (1 Viewer)

-Wraith-

HSC
Hey, I'm doin a speech on inner journey's in Sally Morgan's "My Place", My related Texts are "Spirited Away" And "The Lord of the Rings" any notes on these would be greatly appreciated thanx.

PongPong180

HSC
SPIRITED AWAY
Chihiro (or Sen) embarks on a physical and mental journey in order to save her parents. Along the exploration, she learns lessons such as Self-Indulgence, Patience and Understanding. Chihiro learns to accept that there is more than meets the eye. The boy she meets, she discovers that he really is not a boy at all. She appreciates those who are different, such as the giant baby.

- Her euphoric journey bewilders her into perplexity, unravelling what is real and what is fantasy.

HINTS: LOOK OUT FOR SYMBOLIC OBJECTS THROUGHOUT THE FILM

hope this helps

FD5 - 2012

-Wraith-

HSC
Great now all i need is the same thing for aragorn from lord of the rings, like one pivotal scene, with like what camera angles & effects are used and how it relates to the inner journeys in Sally morgans "My Place"

karnaj15

HSC
is there any links for inner journeys from sally morgan "my place" to the play of 'Macbeth'???????????????????????????????????????????????????

sammyjane19

HSC
Hey guys.
My text i have to do for journeys is Shakespeare's 'As you like it' and i dont know what to do for it! My related text is 'Spirited Away' but i cant relate it because i dont know what went on in 'As you like it'

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys.
My text i have to do for journeys is Shakespeare's 'As you like it' and i dont know what to do for it! My related text is 'Spirited Away' but i cant relate it because i dont know what went on in 'As you like it'
I think the next logical step is to actually read Shakespeare's play "As you Like it" or at the very least read a summary of the plot online to know what went on in it.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I read it, i just don't fully understand what it is about..?
im doing it for belonging but it is literally about a bunch of people who leave a terrible place (the court) and find themsleves in a much better place (the forest) and every actually lives happily ever after
in terms of journeys, you can talk about the journey of personal transformation the characters undergo when they experience the freedoms of the forest when they leave the oppressive court

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)