Yr 11 Historical Investigation (1 Viewer)

Cheap Thrills

HSC
Hey I'm doing the ethical issues around archaeological exhumation and displaying of human remains for my historical investigation and I was wondering if anyone knew of any specific cases that involved human remains other than Pompeii and Herculaneum?? Thanks in advance

RHINO7

HSC
The excavation of otzi aka the Iceman is a simple example. Quite easy to find information. And the excavation was recent, well 1990.

Cheap Thrills

HSC
yeah, but we're doin the iceman for one of our in class case studies

Cheap Thrills

HSC
what about the skeletons at lake mungo? do u think there are enough resources on this

HSC
ooohhh

what about the body of an aborigine lady? that is in a museum?

sorry i dont know the exact name or scenario, only briefly because it was only mentioned once in class

anyways it would have great relevance to youyr question:)

oh, and maybe egyptian mummies?

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
u should watch the news more...keeping an 'update on the current events around the world will help in investigating the past' [cited from my a. history teacher] anyways there was that stuff about england returning the skulls or remains of aboriginal ppl to australia...happened about a month ago. :)

Loza33

HSC
yeah and there was something about the american indians... people were digging them up and hte indians took them to court and said it was against their culture etc etc and they won.... m...

Sorry i cant be more specific, it was over a year ago now.. and we only dd it briefly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)