• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Yr 11 performance (5 Viewers)

bored of sc

HSC
English Advanced Visual Representation - 18/20 - 90% - rank 4/46ish

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
eliseliselise said:
these are all sublime results, guys!!

chem is a bit of a wishy-washy subject... many facets to it, & dot points are always quite broad.
Elise, you're probably the first non-asian I've seen picking all 3 sciences, accelerating maths and doing extension english :).

bored of sc said:
English Advanced Visual Representation - 18/20 - 90% - rank 4/46ish
Congrats bored of sc :).

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Nothing beats our Yr 10 Science marks. 1st was 94%. Getting 90% would get 120th. :p

posey-rose

The lost member
HSC
i love year 11 for the fact that you can make as many mistakes as you need to. i'm not top in anything but i am going better then i thought i would be. plus my marks are just filled with room for improvement.
english 12th in the year but 8th in the half yearlies
maths 8th in the year 6th in the half yearlies
ext english 6th in the year 4th in the halr yearlies
drama 4th
ancient 6th in the year 5th in the half yearlies
modern 14th (pretty good since i got 40% in the only assignment)
french: no idea.
only one term left... then its a serious year (scary)

TurkStyle

HSC
havnt put near my top efforts in yet so i see my report as obsolete

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
Nothing beats our Yr 10 Science marks. 1st was 94%. Getting 90% would get 120th. :p
lol, what a crap report that would look like.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
lol, what a crap report that would look like.
Well, I was lucky enough to still get Top 30 at the yearly, but at the half yearly....I did shit all and got a rank of 81 with three marks less than 1st. So yeah, tell me about it.

-tal-

HSC
Aerath said:
Well, I was lucky enough to still get Top 30 at the yearly, but at the half yearly....I did shit all and got a rank of 81 with three marks less than 1st. So yeah, tell me about it.
crap. seriously, how on earth do you compete @ sydney? talk about taking a hit to your ego.

anyhow, got my report back:
adv eng - 3rd, 87%

maths - 1st, 97%

ext maths - 4th, 92%

chem - 2nd, 92%

physics - 11th, 65% (don't ask - horrible)

legal - 1st, 91%

SOR - 1st, 94%

... and latest eng essay - FULL MARKS !! :giddy: :D:D:D

The Kaiser

HSC
Aerath said:
I remember that, I beat you by one mark and came 20th (61 rank gap!), talk about dodgy ranks.

English Ext was pretty dodgy as well, 1 mark was like 20 ranks.

MSELIM2

HSC
hi, i know this a bit random
Im in yr 11, and i recently put my marks into sam, they were pretty bad
i am doing 14 units and i guess that was not a very good choice for a person who is not so bright
I do
- 3 unit maths
- Ext 1 english
- adv english
- physics
- chemistry
- SOR 2
- Ancient history
I was thinking of dropping ancient history, but my friend is telling me to drop chemistry ( there is a bias side to that as she hates science)
When i put my marks through, although i had received a higher mark in ancient, it counted my chemistry mark instead. Does that mean that chemistry is scaled higher than ancient.
I really need help in sorting myself out, as my goals are to achieve a UAI of above 97.5
thank you for you help, any tips on how to improve my uai is highly appreciated.
thank you for your time

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
MSELIM2 said:
hi, i know this a bit random
Im in yr 11, and i recently put my marks into sam, they were pretty bad
i am doing 14 units and i guess that was not a very good choice for a person who is not so bright
I do
- 3 unit maths
- Ext 1 english
- adv english
- physics
- chemistry
- SOR 2
- Ancient history
I was thinking of dropping ancient history, but my friend is telling me to drop chemistry ( there is a bias side to that as she hates science)
When i put my marks through, although i had received a higher mark in ancient, it counted my chemistry mark instead. Does that mean that chemistry is scaled higher than ancient.
I really need help in sorting myself out, as my goals are to achieve a UAI of above 97.5
thank you for you help, any tips on how to improve my uai is highly appreciated.
thank you for your time
As for your subject choice, drop a subject that you hold the least affection towards. Work it like a hierarchy. If you pretty much have the same degree of interest, then think about how you perform. In that case, drop a subject that you are least good at. Also consider your future career.

Putting your marks into SAM won't work very well as your marks in Preliminary are only your Year 11 marks. It's wiser to predict what you can expect in HSC through your teachers' advices. They can actually predict what you might expect to get in HSC at your current level. For example, I have a strong belief based on my predictions that 3-4 people will get over E4 in MX1 in my accelerated class and more than 10 people over Band 6 in Mathematics. I based this prediction on my school's performance over the past 3 years where we consistenly had 3-5 people getting E4 in MX1 and 8-10 Band 6 in Mathematics.

MSELIM2

HSC
thank you very much for your time, I am considering a career in the Medicine/science field, but I feel as though my dreams have been shattered due to my disappointing results. I am not sure if i should keep going with the same dream or, be realistic and choose a different career path. Our careers staff at our school, doesn't seem to be helping.
2007 results
Ancient History - 27/36 candidates achieved band 5 and 6, which is approx. 74.99% of candidates
Chemistry- 14/42 candidates achieved band 5 and 6, which is approx. 33.32% Not very good
2006 results
ancient History - 20/22 candidates achieved band 5 and 6, which is approx. 90.90 % of candidates
chemistry - 22/44 candidates achieved band 5 and 6, which is approx. 50%
Thank you

bored of sc

HSC
-tal- said:
crap. seriously, how on earth do you compete @ sydney? talk about taking a hit to your ego.

adv eng - 3rd, 87%

maths - 1st, 97%

ext maths - 4th, 92%

chem - 2nd, 92%

legal - 1st, 91%

SOR - 1st, 94%

Nice results. Congratulations.

jellybelly59

HSC
-tal- said:

adv eng - 3rd, 87%

maths - 1st, 97%

ext maths - 4th, 92%

chem - 2nd, 92%

legal - 1st, 91%

SOR - 1st, 94%

CONGRATS :D

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
English Monologue speech (I posted a thread about it) and Critical Overview speech mark 23/25. Rank 2 so far because the other classes haven't been marked yet (but hopefully I stay 2nd). This is like the best I have ever done in an English assessment task. Hope this continues through the HSC.

Last edited:

-tal-

HSC
bored of sc said:
Nice results. Congratulations.
jellybelly59 said:
thank you :D:D

kaz1 said:
English Monologue speech (I posted a thread about it) and Critical Overview speech mark 23/25. Rank 2 so far but the other classes haven't been marked yet. This is like the best I have ever done in an English assesment task. Hope this continues through the HSC.
Oh, I think I remember that thread. Congrats! :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)