yr 11 subject selections (1 Viewer)

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
you get like one prac every 2 weeks or so, well thats how it is at my school hospo is all the prac stuff

adrenaline88

Medicine...
HSC
hey everyone
i'm a year 10 student in the eastern suburbs (go to a private school and i doubt anyone's heard of it coz it ain't that big like SCEGS or SydGrammar)
i was wandering if anyone studies physics, chemistry and biology?? i absolutely LOVE science and am doing really well in it
umm also does anyone do 14units in year 11?? is it a good idea?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
some people do do the 3, not myself, but if u love them that much and r good i don't see any problem

14units in yr 11 some people do, but itf ur prepared 2 work, then u could do it
but in yr 12 14u is not recommended

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Originally posted by adrenaline88
hey everyone
i'm a year 10 student in the eastern suburbs (go to a private school and i doubt anyone's heard of it coz it ain't that big like SCEGS or SydGrammar)
i was wandering if anyone studies physics, chemistry and biology?? i absolutely LOVE science and am doing really well in it
umm also does anyone do 14units in year 11?? is it a good idea?
I really enjoyed Science in year 10, so i did Chem in year 11 for the first term and ended up hating it. Year 11 science is alot different to year 10.

But im suppose im not really what you call a 'science person' so yeah. A few people at my school are doing all 3. it really isnt a problem, if you enjoy them and willing to learn in them do them all.

adrenaline88

Medicine...
HSC
cool thanks :)
the only thing that i'm not looking forward to in biology is the fact that more than half the year are doing it (and more than half the year are dick-wads) :S but with chemistry and physics no more than 4 people will choose each so that'll be good

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Hey
The best advice is to do what you like really. You should evaluate your strengths and pick subjects which you believe you would enjoy and be good at.
I'm currently doing economics, business studies, legal studies, advance english, IT, Modern History. Also think about what you want to do when you get older and what subjects fit into that occupation.
Defitnely do advance english as in my view its pretty much the same as standard.
Economics is way hard but gets scaled up heaps well.
Do Modern History if your good at essays.
Business and Legal are both easy as. There pretty interesting
Dont do IT, i'm dropping it for year 12. Its so poor.

paki_diva

Originally posted by adrenaline88
cool thanks :)
the only thing that i'm not looking forward to in biology is the fact that more than half the year are doing it (and more than half the year are dick-wads) :S but with chemistry and physics no more than 4 people will choose each so that'll be good
yah...same here...despite the fact tht everyone says bio is real hard...60% of ppl in our school r doing it next yr....dunno y though

Last edited:

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
I bigger problem is. WHY DID YOU DOUBLE POST>??????

hang your head in shame.

Kulazzi

HSC
ok, now my subs have totally changed:

Adv Eng
Mathematics
Physics
Business Studies
Software Design and Development
Textiles and Design

and if I get in...

IT VET GAT

Kulazzi

HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh
u planning to do 14 units? .. ouchie....its a lot of work.....
Yup, but only if I get into IT VET GAT, but I will be able to drop it at da end of yr 11 n e ways cos there's no actual IT VET class but there is a GAT class after school 2 days a wk, from 4 - 6 at my school and you finish in term 3 yr 11 (i think) :p

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
yeah but thats like soo much damn work.. i think i'm doing ok with 13.... but i dont pay attention in religion :D so that doesnt count.. and since IT is like after school..ur going to find that by the time you get home etc etc.. its late and ur too tired to anything else... my friends do IT at TAFE and they fnish at 6 and get home at about 7:30 because they have to wait for the bus and the trains to come.... i dont know about you... wow... 2 days a week? wow... yeah but my friends arent allowed to drop it until they finish term 4 of this year... so yeah.. i think you'd be stuck with it until first term year 12 :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)