• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Yr 11 subjects (1 Viewer)

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
LottoX said:
My rationale was that doing less subjects would make me concentrate better on the subjects I did. Too bad you can't do 5 unit courses, since I can only concentrate on 2 subjects at a time.
Snerk.

I only plan on doing 2 Extensions: 4U English. If I ttly pwn Ancient I might pick up History Extension, but I hear there's a lot of reading and work involved for a 1 unit course, so we'll just see how that goes.

ccc123

HSC
Jachie said:
Snerk.

I only plan on doing 2 Extensions: 4U English. If I ttly pwn Ancient I might pick up History Extension, but I hear there's a lot of reading and work involved for a 1 unit course, so we'll just see how that goes.
Yeah my history teacher said ext. history involves as much work as a university subject; but if your good at history, then you should do it because it scales quite well (or so i heard)

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
ccc123 said:
Yeah my history teacher said ext. history involves as much work as a university subject; but if your good at history, then you should do it because it scales quite well (or so i heard)
Scaling shouldn't totatlly influence your decision to pick up an extension.

ccc123

HSC
tamaranadine said:
I'm just doing extension english too.

If I only do entension english (meaning I would have completed 11 units) how do they include that extra unit into the calculation of my UAI?
I don't think it makes any difference whether a unit is an extension or not. I think your 10 best units count regardless, so if your ext eng unit comes in your top ten, it will be counted. I think thats how it works anyway. Anyone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

HSC
tamaranadine said:
I'm just doing extension english too.

If I only do entension english (meaning I would have completed 11 units) how do they include that extra unit into the calculation of my UAI?
They make your lowest 2 unit subject contribute only one unit to the uai calculation

Example: This happened to me. I had 11 units...My lowest two unit subject (Japanese Continuers) mark was 70, but my 3 unit maths mark was 37/50 (or 74% if you like). So 3 unit counted toward the UAI, and Japanese was worth one unit toward the UAI.

Last edited:

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
watatank said:
They make your lowest 2 unit subject contribute only one unit to the uai calculation

Example: This happened to me. I had 11 units...My lowest two unit subject (Japanese Continuers) mark was 70, but my 3 unit maths mark was 37/50 (or 74% if you like). So 3 unit counted toward the UAI, and Japanese was worth one unit toward the UAI.
Thanks for letting us know, I never knew 2 units could be counted as one.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Jachie said:
Snerk.

Same as me, except I might do Maths rather than English. And also if I totally ace Modern History, I might go for History Extension :)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Best Extenson course, or Best-best course? :p

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
LottoX said:
English Extension two is the best course in the whole of the HSC.
It's all about interpretation, so its really subjective. Did you think you were going to get a high mark for your major work?

cs01001

HSC
What happens if you have a fantastic idea, but it just wasn't favoured by the marker? :(

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
LottoX said:
The lowest mark at my school was like 27 or something, but the highest was 49, no 50s =(((
That's because we stole Barr!

hayleybaby16

HSC
HI.
Does anyone know anything about Extension English 2 and some ideas?
thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)