• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

yr 12 Half yearly exam (1 Viewer)

Aliya

hey....
can anyone plz advice me on how to study 4 teh physics half yearly exam for physics...'space' topic was fine, but 'motors & generators' is horrible...i hate and don't have a clue how 2 study 4 it...
it will be appreciated!
thanx

FinalFantasy

HSC
do lots and lots of questions on that topic ur not comfortable w\.
go through a few exercise books and dig out all da q's, if ur done w\ dat den do some past papers and specimen exam papers as well

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Work out what you're finding tough. If it's applying the formulae/equations then do a whole lot of problems until you find it easy. If it's the concepts that are bugging you read through your textbook or ask around here if an idea doesn't quite click with you. Something else that can be helpful is looking through the syllabus dot points and coming up with the kinds of questions that could trip you up. As soon as you find a dot point that gives you trouble, make a question out of it and have go at answering it, or answer it with the aid of a text book.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
MindOfMankind said:
hey....
can anyone plz advice me on how to study 4 teh physics half yearly exam for physics...'space' topic was fine, but 'motors & generators' is horrible...i hate and don't have a clue how 2 study 4 it...
it will be appreciated!
thanx
yerp.. same here

repressed

REpressed
HSC
look through the sheet saying what topics you are being tested on, look in syllabus/textbook for specifics. Check off the points and you go and there, you've studied for everything :)

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Yep.. Im all good when doing maths work for Physics but remembering all those historical people is my weakness

lilkatie

Space is no problemo, but when it comes to motor and generators i'm fairly lost hey.......it would help if my teacher actually turned up to class.....but she gave us a list question by question of what would be in our exam......she bad for not teaching us anything lol

HSC
Something rather amusing: our exam was 2hrs - 1 hr for space, 1hr for motors and generator. Thing is only motors and generators was assessable. The other hr was for 'practice' apparently. And pfft like any of us actually opened a page on space study notes :D

Budz

HSC
always study according to the dot points and if your teacher is getting of trak, ask her where the relivance is in her teaching..
lol
i was lucky enough to have a good physics and chem teacher, however is this one teacher...
60% of al her students drop in the first year, she also gives out the questions to her exam before it is sat...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)