yr 12 pip ideas (1 Viewer)

nirvanalvr

HSC
hey guys

i'm currently in yr11 and studying society and culture, as term four is approaching I am thinking about my yr 12 PIP topic.

I either wanted it to be about the reason why everyone/teenagers need to have third spaces in contemporary society or something to do with kurt cobain and nirvana.

the kurt and nirvana idea may be a bit of a far-reach, but pls let me know and even give me suggestions as i want to have a few plan a's and b's.

thanks

as.merd

HSC
I think your first idea is really nice; its still pretty early in the year, but if you think you'll stick to the idea, you should try and brainstorm these three main ideas, like:
● appropriate methods for primary research and what you think would be best suited for your topic
● including a cross-cultural perspective
● addressing continuity and/or change.

Remember, your topic will also likely change a lot, like you constantly be workshopping it to fit the syllabus and stuff. My advice would be to just find something that really interests you, which obviously relates back to a 'problem' within contemporary society. The music idea, is interesting, but what were you hoping to explore in that, is it a particular subculture? i think that would be very interesting, and you'd definitely have good public and personal knowledge about your topic.

A good idea would also be to look at the year 12 syllabus, and look at the in-depth studies that you do, because you might want to base a topic around that.

I don't know if any of this was useful, but good luck!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)