yr 12 (1 Viewer)

porquoispas

HSC
Ok so now that we've all been yr 12's for a term i want 2 ask you guys if you're familiar with this situation:

In year 11 you had these unrealistic goals for year 12 and convinced yourself that because of the mere fact that it's YEAR 12 you'd suddenly become this genius..
anyway all i'm asking is..hav you guys stuffed up your first assessments?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I've done four assessments already.

Modern History - 23/25.
Extension History Proposal - 5/5
English: Handed in task and did the essay. It was good.
4U: Better and easier than expected compared to some textbook questions.

I find that cramming still works :)

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
yeah, i was like you no ill come home and study an hour a night no problem.
more like an the night before the exam.
i think i will get better next year.
im in i want summer mode.
illl get the parties and girls out of the way then.
then ill chill with some study.

benji6667

HSC
wow can't agree with you more.. i was like 4 hours a night or r gonna fail in life

that 4 hours turned into 2

2 turned into what ever time between msn and sleep

now im in the process of cramming :D

princesscal

Banned
HSC
I still don't do homework (try get everything done in class) and I don't do study... I haven't stuffed up any assessments and have gone really well in them. woo for luck.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Answering your question, I don't think I've failed any assessments but I do think I done not as well as I could've in my physics assessment due to last minute work & being too optimistic thinking my class wouldn't have done such a good job on their assignments (one presentation was 40 minutes ! O_O")

But either way, I KNOW that it's not too late to start improving. Consistent work will get you there. In year 11, my speech got me a 50%. A few weeks ago, I gave my first assessment speech for english. 90% ! My weakness is speeches! Trust me. I'm too shy and people think I lack confidence. But I showed em ! =] lol .. see ! miracles do come true ! I, for one, never thought I'd EVER get anything >80 in english. Wooo go me ! :)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
sle3pe3bumz said:
But either way, I KNOW that it's not too late to start improving. Consistent work will get you there. In year 11, my speech got me a 50%. A few weeks ago, I gave my first assessment speech for english. 90% ! My weakness is speeches! Trust me. I'm too shy and people think I lack confidence. But I showed em ! =] lol .. see ! miracles do come true ! I, for one, never thought I'd EVER get anything >80 in english. Wooo go me ! :)
Haha, congratulations, that's great. You also go upstage those boys in engineering as well :uhhuh:

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
ahah thanks Kujah ! :) You go have fun competing against Daniel ! ^^ and acing that Extension History and 4U maths of yours !

ness.xox

Member Member
HSC
I had a Music 2 musicology essay a few weeks ago I left the exam feeling satisfied with what I wrote :)
I had an Ancient assessment task today it was really good, up until the last 2 periods I had a 2U maths exam, its worth 20% and im pretty sure I failed! It was hard! :( Do you guys think theres time to improve? lolol

gm.haider3000

HSC
you know what you are soo true.. i had to do fkn 4 assessment english :mad: ECONOMICS business studies plus 2 maths test already.. are you srs :mad:

bling05

HSC
Got two assessments in the 80s and one in the 90s, so pretty good so far. Still have to get Eng Adv Imaginative Journeys Synthesis, EngX2 Proposal and G-Maths test back.

gm.haider3000

HSC
hey bling how da hell do you do ext 2 english.. dont you feel wired doing it whats you subjects btw

Kujah

HSC
N/A
sle3pe3bumz said:
You go have fun competing against Daniel ! ^^
O__O

I had a 2U maths exam, its worth 20% and im pretty sure I failed! It was hard! :( Do you guys think theres time to improve? lolol
Definitely. Don't lose hope yet- theres around 3 terms to go. And don't despair yet; you haven't received your results back yet :) You might do better than what you expected :uhhuh:

Last edited:

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
whats a more powerful word then suffice?

i said.." weirs use of techniques suffices in conveying..."
but i want to be like more powerful, saying they DID, not like they did.EXT englihs people help me out.

:D

shinn

HSC
always remember, consistency will win u the game

princesscal

Banned
HSC
how about "weirs use of techniques are exemplary in conveying" ?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Or:

Weir's effective use of film (I'm assuming its a movie?) techniques is critical in conveying...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)