• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

yr12: ideal # of hrs to be studied/day (1 Viewer)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
i realise this is for hsc 2006....
but i also thought this topic no longer strictly comes under prelim :)

anyway, so yr12 starts this week for class of 07, and i was wondering how many hours should one be studying per weekday/weekend?

i know it'd vary from person to person depending on their own individual study habbits etc

but in general what is the minimum/maximum where one isn't doing enough, or one is overdoing it?

also how many hours were you doing during regular school terms?

vacant

HSC
Studying, during a normal term? I haven't even started studying now and english is on Friday... Im screwed.

dandel26

HSC
pffffffffft you dont need to study during term, just work hard on assessments and listen in class

ane_st

HSC
Everytime you finish a dot point of the syllabus in class - summarise it.. It doesnt matter if you study for 7hrs after school its going to be useless if you dont do it by the syllabus...

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
During the term, I don't really think "studying" needs to be done (unless it's like a few days before an assessment task), rather "reviewing".

I did 2-3 hours of work every night, which was made up of homework and work for assessments, be they assignments or tests. I didn't do ANY work on Fridays and sometimes a little on Saturdays, but I kept Sunday aside for school work. I didn't spend all day huddled over work, but I kept the day completely for me to do work at a leisurely pace, allowing me to have plenty of time for breaks. During that time I did homework that was needed for the following week as well as doing study notes (by the syllabus). I'd write a list with each subject heading, and under each heading I'd write everything that I wanted to get done.

However, keep in mind that this is just ONE way to do it. The subjects you do and co-cirricular commitments may mean that what I described doesn't work for you. There are as many ways to structure your work as their are students, however some ways are better than others! The idea is to do regular work, do your homework and make sure you do study notes throughout the year to make it easier for you later on. Keep a balance and don't try to compare yourself to others too much.

Good luck!

thepiman

HSC
I'm afraid I haven't done any study either... But then again I accelerated in 3 & 4U Maths last year and got 99 and 94 respectively with no study. Do what your body tells you, not what your teacher, Principal, or mother implores. But in any case, if you feel comfortable with the content, do no further study, except for practise questions in the weeks leading up to the trials and the real thing, and that way you can still have a life in Year 12. I tried that and it worked. (Well, I hope that it will work, 3 days 'till the first exam... AAARRRGH!).

maskd

HSC
thepiman said:
I'm afraid I haven't done any study either... But then again I accelerated in 3 & 4U Maths last year and got 99 and 94 respectively with no study.
Haha wow, smart lad.

Affinity

HSC
hmm 20 - 30 hours at home per week sounds about right.... minus some if you are talented and add a bit more if you are going after law at Usyd or UNSW.

I think the best thing to do is to study as much as you can when you don't have other things to do.. unless you're an ultra popular party animal, this usually cuts it.

Last edited:
T

Testpilot

If your hands aren't bleeding your not working hard enough.

sinist4

HSC
vacant said:
Studying, during a normal term? I haven't even started studying now and english is on Friday... Im screwed.

DW... ur not alone LOL, anyway for the first paper we onli hav to remember one essay rite. unless u've prepared a creative piece. to remember one essay it'll onli take 1 day max ;)

And GOOD luck... im pretty sure everyones on here study :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)