• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Zoo Story and Prima Donna Free Public Performances!!! Ultimate Study Tool!!! (1 Viewer)

edowling

Hi guys,

Just a quick note to say that, for all those people studying Theatre of the Absurd in Theory for Drama, then Knox Grammar School is putting on productions of Zoo Story and The Bald Prima Donna.

Details:

What: Proper, full productions of Zoo Story and Bald Prima Donna in one evening
Where: Knox Grammar School Drama Centre
When: May 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th & 14th @ 7:30pm
Cost: Free!!

The HSC exam allows you and encourages you to talk about performances you have seen of the plays so this is a perfect oppurtunity to see them in performance!

To get tickets, please phone 9487 0142. They will go fast, so be quick! You just need to call and reserve them, there is no cost! Please tell your class and spread the word. Hope this is a help to you all!

Hope to see you there,
Ed

Last edited:

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Free? Hah, that doesn't sound like Knox...

I'd probably go, but we're not doing Zoo Story and the Bald Prima-Donna(/Soprano) is easy enough to envision.

edowling

No, having been at Knox for some time, "free" is certainly rare.

However, we have been doing it with all of our drama (not musical) productions. We have had three productions so far with free tickets, and this is the forth.

It should be a very good night; hopefully we will see some of you there! You would be surprised at how different Bald Prima Donna is when it is performed. Zoo Story you can envision without too much difficulty (although the two actors are doing one helluva job with it). I find BPD does have certain emotional strings attached to it, and questions it forces you to answer, that you simply would not pick up on by reading it.

Anyway, keep on rockin!

Pierotte

HSC
Went on Friday and i have to say it was GREAT!!!

I especially enjoyed zoo story, it had such an intensely static mood. It was great! i found the fact that they took on a very serious approach while our class saw it as comical very interesting.
I really disliked the fact that during the Q&A session the guy who played Jerry had to keep saying how much he "hated" the play ...
I think Peter was excellent! Heh when i saw him after the play i didnt know it was the same guy, he pulled of geeky ball of chicken shit so well!! Its great when u actually find ur self hating a character because of how piss weak they are, i really believed him.... But afterwards he looked quite normal.

The bald primadona was pretty much what i expected, Mr and Mrs Smiths scene was much more animated than i expected, but i loved that play so i laughed my head off. I missed the second half unfortunately as a friend was sick and i had to go play mother. heh. Ahhh the fireman was brilliant! I have to say Mary's accent gave me the shits, it was so uneven, but the scene with the duster was gold!

OK enough rambling for now.

Edit: People who went, what were ur thoughts?? How has it helped you? etc etc

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)