zwan no more (1 Viewer)

HSC
Originally posted by sunken eyes
zwan had billys voice and layered guitars but the sng writing and stuff was heaps different. they made very different music , they just used a couple of similar techniques, what with jimmy drumming and multiple guitars. or at least thats what i thought of them.

as for the solo career... well billy kicks ass, and has written solo stuff before, but solo careers always fade away. just look at zack de la rocha
Sure the lyrics are much more positive (and religious, I might add) than say, Siamese Dream, but they still sound very similar, like you said with the layered guitars, Jimmy's drumming and of course Billy Corgan's distinctive nasal voice are all pumpkins characteristics...

What other aspect of the band are there apart from the guitars, voice and drums?

sunken eyes

HSC
song writing, message, tone, rhythm, style the list continues. if any band had three guitars going at once it'd sound similarish to zwan and pumpkins i reckon. but thats just me. you know, your as right as i am. doesn't matter.

but its a bit sad that they broke up and all we can talk about is old news, the pumpkins.....

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by augie
Oh my. This really irks me.
Does anyone actually even listen to Adore before they dismiss it as mediocre pop, or techno, or pumpkins 'downtime' or whatever your problems are with it??

Its a wonderful album. The good Corgan song writing is still there its just presented differently. TAke that cool 40's BArbershop part in Behold! the Nightmare for example..its the best. the albums full of those quaint little Billy Corgan moments.
Listen to it properly!!
I loved Adore too, but each to their own opinion, I say...

sunken eyes

HSC
sounds ike a love/ate sort of thing.

does an\one know if he band ill release any o their b-sides o other songs? they had quite a list apparently

HSC
Originally posted by sunken eyes
song writing, message, tone, rhythm, style the list continues. if any band had three guitars going at once it'd sound similarish to zwan and pumpkins i reckon. but thats just me. you know, your as right as i am. doesn't matter.

but its a bit sad that they broke up and all we can talk about is old news, the pumpkins.....
song writing and message are essentially the same thing. Tone relates to guitar/voice and rhythm relates to the drums. So nothing new really... Anyways you're right, its rather pointless to argue... each to their own then...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)