acturial studies (im in 12) (1 Viewer)

^___^
HSC
not as easy as dong medicine?!?!

wtf!!!

do u have any idea, how hard it is, to graduate with medicine...

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
... said:
not as easy as dong medicine?!?!

wtf!!!

do u have any idea, how hard it is, to graduate with medicine...

pffft. in our acst open day the lecturer said if u dont wanna be challenged, dont do acst, go do law or med.

I liked econ110 alot more den econ111

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Dont u do acst studies ... ?
I dont think its particularly *hard* to graduate with medicine - only a very long process.
i.e
get 80's, do a science degree, then apply as a post-grad. 7/8years later, ur done.

aditya

HSC
ok so in unsw, acturial is part of commerce, so the cutoff to transfer into it would be higher, because ur not only competing against fellow actuaries, but also people that wanna do accounting and hr andmarketing and all the other crap...

in macquarie it would be much different right? wen people drop out of actuarial that makes another spot for someone that just wants to do actuarial!!! so the cut-off would be much lower? correct?

and if so, so i got 91 uai, mid distinction average in accounting, would that make me likely to be able to satisfy entry requirements etc?

aditya

HSC
i just wanna do act studies and not at anu...

are u sure?

credit average, uai doesnt matter... and ur in acturial studies? so if i got a 75 uai, with a credi taverage in course x i could get into act stds?

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
i think we've all said this many times, but here it is again. We advise from personal experience that if you cant get into acst through hsc, and plan on transfering then working really hard, that *working really hard* bit just doesnt tend to happen =/, and u end up wasting time and money.

aditya

HSC
well i feel that uni degree = good job, and i reaaaallly want a good job... or ill die or something =)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
in fact its more likely that you wont get any actuarial job after you graduate...
:eek:
wel that kind of sux then doesnt it, i cant c y there is great demand for the course if thats tru...mite as well do accounting then

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
flyin' said:
You're reading too much into it. I didn't even put WHERE in capitals. =p
fair enough :D

but yeah...like everything else that has greater demand, its hyped up by lotsa brainwashed HSC students... luckily most ppl who hate it will drop out.... 20 people have already done so in like 6 weeks at unsw... and yes the fact that if you DO get a job, your income will likely to grow at a faster rate than accountants is also somewhat important

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
bah bah bah money money money
don't do it for the money because it won't be there

psych_girl

HSC
:)

:) Just wondering why more and more people are choosing Acturial studies as a major....................................just beacuse the employment rate?............. :(

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
psych_girl said:
:) Just wondering why more and more people are choosing Acturial studies as a major....................................just beacuse the employment rate?............. :(
because we all want to die a slow, painful and stressful death

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
yes like self-castration with a spoon :D

if you do it just for the money with not even a remote interest u will NOT survive... unless you are a complete freak with the ultimate self motivation

aditya

HSC
nah i want acturial studies because i want to go into a finance related career, like pure finance (structured finance, investment banking) acturial allows u to start higher, get promoted faster and then you can be guaranteeed (with the according abition) a job as one of those roles....

ive seen it happen over and over again.. and although demand for actuaries isnt high in australia RIGHT NOW, other countries havnt embraced their special skills, thats whats driving me the most... and i like maths, i have a great udnerstaning of it...

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
to all those unemployed actuaries out there and pessimistic ppl etc etc...i juz wanna say i got a call 10min ago and will be working for towers perin - tillinghast software solutions this summer. stay optimistic!

flamin's gonna be working in same office wiv me too. wotta mad a summer its gonna be =p

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=- said:
to all those unemployed actuaries out there and pessimistic ppl etc etc...i juz wanna say i got a call 10min ago and will be working for towers perin - tillinghast software solutions this summer. stay optimistic!

flamin's gonna be working in same office wiv me too. wotta mad a summer its gonna be =p
are you doing actuarial & computering?
how and when did you apply for summer position?

i would like to do the same thing if i make it through next year :)

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
redslert said:
are you doing actuarial & computering?
how and when did you apply for summer position?

i would like to do the same thing if i make it through next year :)

no im doing acst/appl finance. i was the project manager of a careers event hosted by our student society and we had about 10 industry guests. I asked 1 of the TSS reps if we needed a b doing acst/comp to apply for tss but she said no i didnt. she told me to apply, so i did. she ended up being 1 of the interviewers too.

aren't you in your 2nd year? im in 2nd yr. most ppl apply for summer vac jobs in 3rd yr and some do in 2nd. there were a few on our mq careers website (u can only gain access if u have an mq id). i went for a few earlier. Got to 2nd last round of CBA and then knocked out. pwc didnt give 2nd yrs a chance. tillinghast hired real fast, b4 i even submitted my application and so did watson wyatt.

aditya

HSC
hey guys... im very stressed... please help

ok so say i go into beconomics bco- acocunting/finance degrees cutoffs around 90.... so like... wat would i require if i got 90.05 uai or wateva with my course results for an internal transfer (obviously) to acturial studies?????

or even law???

please help!!!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)