acturial studies (im in 12) (1 Viewer)

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
i always thought acst/law was something good for family dinner parties only. u'd end up graduating and choosing only 1 career.
most ppl in my yr (i think only 1 person left) dropped the law.

aditya

HSC
nah its damn good if u wanna go into the big end .... lawyers are the ones that become partners.... so its definately worth it, but still need good marks...

nah but oversuply is good in the gloablising market... eventualli australia's oversupply of actuaries wlil be a benifit...

just like india's oversupply of it professionsals was ridiculed comments like *flooding us with IT indians"

those people are to be ridiculed.... same thing could happen in australia... so dunt worry!!! just concentrate in economics ;) dumb asses =D

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=- said:
i always thought acst/law was something good for family dinner parties only.
LOL, whats that mean ?
You mean just to brag ?

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
hmm yah i think thats implied meaning...and aditya, australia has an oversupply of actuaries? i thought we only had 1000, hmm i always assumed that there r more actuaries elsewhere i dunno y

flamin'

Yea aditya is right.... law combined lets you get higher positions in a firm... maybe CEO (though most CEOs come from CFOs who are pretty much all accoutnants)

The problem could also be lack of demnd for actuaries because a firm only needs a handful of actuaries and thats it.... asia, especially china, has good demand

santaslayer

HSC
-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=- said:
i always thought acst/law was something good for family dinner parties only. u'd end up graduating and choosing only 1 career.
most ppl in my yr (i think only 1 person left) dropped the law.
I wanna be friends with him/her. :uhhuh: :p :uhhuh:

I think the better option would be to finish the Actuarial degree, work for a few years and then get the LLB?....although you'll be 65 by then and ready to retire. :p

Is there a Masters in Actuarial?

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
ye there's masters. ive heard its only really more valued in asia. Because 1 person I know in 3rd yr is doing masters coz he said he wants to work in china and they like masters ppl.

flamin'

although its not one of the recommended programs, you can also do an accg/acst combined... that takes about 4 years if you cram most of the accg subjects in summer school... i know a guy who did it.. he got his accg degree already and is doing 243 and 271 this year... so he's still got 1 year til he's got his acst degree....

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
So who here is going to work in Asia after graduating as a an actuaries? LOL ;)

flamin'

i thought you already said you were gonna work in asia flyin'
i prob will go somewhere as well.... better job opputunities
all the internationals will be there in asia too.. cept then they'll be calling me a fob then....

flamin'

good luck trying to get into mac bank... it's really hard to get into. They want the smartest people possible.... BUT have to very good communicators as well... one of my friends got killed when they interviewd him

santaslayer

HSC
Can you all speak an Asian language fluently, because if you're not, it'll be real hard to be competitive overseas?

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
santaslayer said:
Can you all speak an Asian language fluently, because if you're not, it'll be real hard to be competitive overseas?
They proly can - coz there are no non-asains actuaries at MQ :p

aditya

HSC
i saw that someone that did law/appfinance at macquarie made it into mac bank.. which was a freakn good effort... does anyone know that person/ of that person... how much of a genius he/she was?

but also, alot of the geniuses from ruse etc are doing acturial studies/ law.... so yeh...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)