Andrew Bird, Joanna Newsom, Grizzly Bear, The Midde East, who's going? (1 Viewer)

philphie

Banned
HSC
My family comes from the Isle of Wight and Bath, but cause my mum and dad are politics and army we lived in London for a while.
so i guess you have a southern england/mid-atlantic accent? where'd you live in London?

css

HSC
so i guess you have a southern england/mid-atlantic accent? where'd you live in London?
We lived around hammersmith for a bit, then we moved to wimbledon, and then I had to come back to start at school properly because I'm australian.

philphie

Banned
HSC
We lived around hammersmith for a bit, then we moved to wimbledon, and then I had to come back to start at school properly because I'm australian.
ohhhhh the clash love hammersmith, although i always thought hammersmith was a commercial area. so did you have to repeat some years of school in Australia?

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
so does BQE count as his album for New York? yeah i'm a bit pessimistic about aufjan ever returning...

other than that the only recent thing i've heard from him is the score he did for natalie portman's directorial debut in the short film Eve
i remember thinking that NY was going to be the next project. im fairly certain majesty snowbird was about brooklyn or manhattan? i dont think the BQE really counts, though.

css

HSC
ohhhhh the clash love hammersmith, although i always thought hammersmith was a commercial area. so did you have to repeat some years of school in Australia?
No, there's quite a bit of residential there, on the east-most side.
And no, I came back for the start of kindy (why my accent just sounds like wanker skippy now), but I ended up skipping a year anyway. I wish i was still there :(.

philphie

Banned
HSC
No, there's quite a bit of residential there, on the east-most side.
And no, I came back for the start of kindy (why my accent just sounds like wanker skippy now), but I ended up skipping a year anyway. I wish i was still there :(.
in kindy or london's west end?

my accent is bit wankerish as well because i use to go on a lot of long holidays to Paris as a small kid to visit relatives

css

HSC
in kindy or london's west end?

my accent is bit wankerish as well because i use to go on a lot of long holidays to Paris as a small kid to visit relatives
year two, because i did a year of prep in the uk before I came back.

that's courageous, i am quite jealous. which arrondissement?

philphie

Banned
HSC
year two, because i did a year of prep in the uk before I came back.

that's courageous, i am quite jealous. which arrondissement?
16e on avenue foch as far as i can remember, it's been a while.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
this is getting way too wanky.

i wont drop that i met the founder of french fragrance company le labo and that he was telling us a very humorous story about georgio armani :p

css

HSC
16e on avenue foch as far as i can remember, it's been a while.
i wouldn't have a fucking clue, but my friend says that's lovely. although im not too sure he knows either.

philphie

Banned
HSC
name dropper. but i guess as Nick Hornby says, it's always better to know a famous writer than be one

philphie

Banned
HSC
i wouldn't have a fucking clue, but my friend says that's lovely. although im not too sure he knows either.
yeah it's nice, i won't comment on 'prestige' or whatever because that would just make me an even bigger douche. i'll jsut leave it at that it's where most of the embassies are located

HSC
I badly wanted to see Grizzly Bear and The Middle East... I didn't expect the tickets to sell out so quickly.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
I badly wanted to see Grizzly Bear and The Middle East... I didn't expect the tickets to sell out so quickly.
i had an absolute nightmare trying to get tickets because i had stupidly arranged to buy 10 or so at once and the server kept crashing because of the others buying tickets. luckily for me a friend of mine had kept buying tickets in little sets of twos and threes so there was enough for everyone

philphie

Banned
HSC
went to see Andrew Bird yesterday, greatest musician to hear live!!!!!! he broke his foot and came in on crutches so his loo pedal work was a little off but it was still so fucking etheral in there!!! his polyrhythmic layering and pentatonic and 12 tone variations are pure genius. lol he covered some song by seasame st but forgot the words half way through. but he didn't play Anonanimal though, he only song i really wanted to hear live and he didn't do it. they always do this to me, just like when The Who ripped me off without playing Magic Bus.

and lol on my way home my mate told me what happened to him on his way there on the train. apparently some guy had masturbated next to him and left the mess behind. the guy then left to the enxt carriage to probably do it again i'm guessing. if you ask me my mate got off lucky, at least the guy wasn't staring at him while doing it or didn't rape him afterwards.

and lol i arrived a bit late to the opera house and outside in the bar area they had joanna newsom stuff and i was like shit, i had the wrong ticket with me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)