Girl's generation on David Letterman show + will they become bigger than the beatles? (1 Viewer)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Re: Girl's generation on David Letterman show + will they become bigger than the beat

SNSD is probably successful because SM is rich. I don't really think SNSD will be popular in America because their style of music is TOTALLY different to English music. Especially their cute-sy styled songs like "Gee". It'll probably fail. And their repetitive style gets rather boring and annoying eventually. SNSD's popularity in America will probably be temporary and short-lived just like Wonder Girls. Their song "Nobody" made a debut on the Billboard Hot 100 in October 2009, making the group the first Korean group to ever enter the chart. ~ [Direct quote from Wikipedia] And look where they are now?

To be honest, I reckon Kpop is already beginning to die out now.

I love Yoona but just looking at, at least half the group and their English, I can't see them going far. And you must admit not everyone in SNSD are the best singers. Despite loving Yoona, I know that she is probably the member with the weakest vocal and although she's improving, she won't become a spectacular singer. I mean she doesn't even get many lines in each song. And you can't compare SNSD to the Beatles. Although I am not very familiar with the Beatles, I know that each member actually played musical instruments and composed most of their songs whilst with SNSD only half of the members at most play a musical instrument and they don't compose many of their songs. To sing is one story, to compose is another. Just like your other thread about kpop vs classical music. Kpop will never overtake the Beatles or classical. They can't compare to a genius like Mozart :p
don't get me wrong, i've enjoyed some k pop songs in the past and have listened to my fair share of it. But it is legit like every other generic pop from any other country. The same style over substance, the same dance moves, the same costuming, the same auto-tune, hell even half the beats are copy and pasted.

k-pop is pretty much western pop done by koreans. There is virtually no traditional korean culture evident in it

animeiswild

HSC
Re: Girl's generation on David Letterman show + will they become bigger than the beat

don't get me wrong, i've enjoyed some k pop songs in the past and have listened to my fair share of it. But it is legit like every other generic pop from any other country. The same style over substance, the same dance moves, the same costuming, the same auto-tune, hell even half the beats are copy and pasted.

k-pop is pretty much western pop done by koreans. There is virtually no traditional korean culture evident in it
. . . I'm not quite sure what your point is. . . XD

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC

I love SNSD so much, but in my honest opinion, they should stay in Asia for the time being. I love their music, but they simply aren't ready. For the most part, for an artist to be liked you need personality and they have to be personable. SNSD can't because the greatest majority of them can't speak fluent English, let alone conversational English. That said, Western music and mainstream music has seen a massive decline of bands and the fact that there are 9 of them makes it even more difficult (it took me almost a year to confidently learn their names). Another point I want to mention as well is that a lot of them don't even sing and thus, lip sync which makes it worse. Often not, they lip sync is because they're scared their English will fumble and that's what I mean that they aren't ready. They need to assimilate into Western culture for a bit - learn the language and they may be ready.
It took you a year to learn 9 people's names?

wow

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC

. . . I'm not quite sure what your point is. . . XD
"kpop sucks and isn't any different from anything therefore it won't be popular"

except for the fact that all pop is literally the same as all other pop ever and has been around for decades

animeiswild

HSC

"kpop sucks and isn't any different from anything therefore it won't be popular"

except for the fact that all pop is literally the same as all other pop ever and has been around for decades
Oh I get it! XD

Che, not particularly offended by it. Not that big a fan of Kpop anyway.

karasu-

HSC

yeah brah, jay chou is actually same level as them. and also how do they know about duh beatles, you meant those tiny little bugs right? im guaranteed they know that too

meh, michael jackson is just one figure. and too bad for you that they bought the stuff from south korea anyway. if kpop fans want to be kpop fans, let them be
You got to me kidding me if you are saying Jay chou is on the same level as them. Jay chou is clearly on a higher level of skill than most Kpop. How many girls from Snsd know how to play a musical instrument with a genuine level of skill? I think that is 0. Jay chou can already play piano, cello and violin skillfully. Jay chou is a singer, songwriter, composer, actor and is this king of pop in asia. Also he is able to sing live. Not like Snsd who have to rely on their looks and dance moves to gain popularity. Also everytime Snsd sing live they always use backing tracks to mask that they actaully cant's sing. Alot of their videos they are lip syncing as well (and alot of kpop fans defend this by saying stuff like, oh they had microphone problems at the time).

The Bui

HSC

You got to me kidding me if you are saying Jay chou is on the same level as them. Jay chou is clearly on a higher level of skill than most Kpop. How many girls from Snsd know how to play a musical instrument with a genuine level of skill? I think that is 0. Jay chou can already play piano, cello and violin skillfully. Jay chou is a singer, songwriter, composer, actor and is this king of pop in asia. Also he is able to sing live. Not like Snsd who have to rely on their looks and dance moves to gain popularity. Also everytime Snsd sing live they always use backing tracks to mask that they actaully cant's sing. Alot of their videos they are lip syncing as well (and alot of kpop fans defend this by saying stuff like, oh they had microphone problems at the time).
cool story

acemusic415

HSC

It took you a year to learn 9 people's names?

wow
LOL my bad, I meant learn their names off by heart and know who was who when I saw a picture from their debut years (before and after). Took a while to actually differentiate them all, plus their -korean- names.

DavDav

Where is the Love?
HSC
Uni Grad

IGNORANCE ONCE AGAIN!

People really need to stop generalising all Korean music as just being Kpop!

Anyhow Jay Chou wouldn't last a week if he was to debut in Korea. His music is weak compared to the standards of other Korean ballad singers.

There's alot more talent out there in the world you just got to get of your lazy sugar pop covered asses and find it.

jenslekman

HSC

daniel? O__O

acemusic415

HSC

IGNORANCE ONCE AGAIN!

Anyhow Jay Chou wouldn't last a week if he was to debut in Korea. His music is weak compared to the standards of other Korean ballad singers.

There's alot more talent out there in the world you just got to get of your lazy sugar pop covered asses and find it.
There are some amazing vocalists in the kpop industry - Kyuhyun, Yesung & Ryeowook from Super Junior, Jonghyun from Shinee, Taeyeon from Girls Generation, 2AM as a whole (they have unbelievably unique voices for ballad singers) etc etc. They're overshadowed by archetypical western choreography and lip syncing from their fellow band members. It's a shame really.

Mikelseo

HSC
Uni Grad

IGNORANCE ONCE AGAIN!

Agreed. The standards of korean ballad singers out shine every other musicians in the world. I think korean ballad music will out live classical music like Mozart or pop groups like the beatles. Like they are very talented. For example i think F.t island is drives the modern standard in the rock genre.

DavDav

Where is the Love?
HSC
Uni Grad

Agreed. The standards of korean ballad singers out shine every other musicians in the world. I think korean ballad music will out live classical music like Mozart or pop groups like the beatles. Like they are very talented. For example i think F.t island is drives the modern standard in the rock genre.
Um besides the point that Korean ballad singers have good vocals I do not accept, let alone agree with any of the above statements.

'... i think F.t island is [sic] drives the modern standard in the rock genre' - Mikelseo

YOU SERIOUS??? :mad3:

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Um besides the point that Korean ballad singers have good vocals I do not accept, let alone agree with any of the above statements.

'... i think F.t island is [sic] drives the modern standard in the rock genre' - Mikelseo

YOU SERIOUS??? :mad3:
To each their own.

The Bui

HSC

what a bananacake

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

This thread is hilarious

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A

look who is talking your the biggest embarrasment. You are the epitome of a kpop freak

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)