Girl's generation on David Letterman show + will they become bigger than the beatles? (1 Viewer)

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Girl's generation on David Letterman show + will they become bigger than the beat

Agreed. The standards of korean ballad singers out shine every other musicians in the world. I think korean ballad music will out live classical music like Mozart or pop groups like the beatles. Like they are very talented. For example i think F.t island is drives the modern standard in the rock genre.
Um besides the point that Korean ballad singers have good vocals I do not accept, let alone agree with any of the above statements.

'... i think F.t island is [sic] drives the modern standard in the rock genre' - Mikelseo

YOU SERIOUS??? :mad3:

Succesful troll is successful, once again.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Girl's generation on David Letterman show + will they become bigger than the beat

I thought the boys english version was terribad. Just saying personal opinion.

HSC
Uni Grad

I thought the boys english version was terribad. Just saying personal opinion.
I hated the English version. Preferred Korean version instead.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC

i luv u

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad

Korean artists singing english is just bad in my opinion. Generalization works here lol.

If they were to debut in the U.S or any western nation with english songs... it would be chaos.

concon

HSC
N/A

God i love this troll

HSC
Uni Grad

Korean artists singing english is just bad in my opinion. Generalization works here lol.

If they were to debut in the U.S or any western nation with english songs... it would be chaos.
I wouldn't want Jay Chou to be debuting in the US with English songs either. And yes, I believe Korean stars singing English songs is just bad.

universalsigh

HSC
N/A

I wouldn't want Jay Chou to be debuting in the US with English songs either. And yes, I believe Korean stars singing English songs is just bad.

fuck u and ur racism bitch
fuk all u haters

rayy_bann

HSC

Me too! What do they mean when they say "i'm watching the phone ring" wait do they even say that or...am I just hearing stuff?

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad

The style of K-POP and Asian pop wouldn't suit most of the western people, well although we have seen some huge success but to the larger base of people it wouldn't really appeal. (e.g alot of people on this forum find k-pop weird because they are use to you the typical American songs).

The costuming, singing style, choreography and etc of asian pop just western people tend to find eccentric.

But i like K-pop better who cares :) I think that 2ne1 could have a bit of success in the U.S, since their songs are very Americanish.

M3H

B.a.n.n.e.d
HSC

0mg ur soo raycist

plz get out of BoS, u relly disgust me :cry: :cry:

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

The style of K-POP and Asian pop wouldn't suit most of the western people, well although we have seen some huge success but to the larger base of people it wouldn't really appeal. (e.g alot of people on this forum find k-pop weird because they are use to you the typical American songs).

The costuming, singing style, choreography and etc of asian pop just western people tend to find eccentric.

But i like K-pop better who cares :) I think that 2ne1 could have a bit of success in the U.S, since their songs are very Americanish.
You could say pretty much anyone from YGE would have a chance provided they lost the accent. The other record labels - no chance.

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad

You could say pretty much anyone from YGE would have a chance provided they lost the accent. The other record labels - no chance.
Especially wonder girls in particular, they didn't do too well in the U.S even BOA/Seven.

YG songs are awesome one of my fav also.

DavDav

Where is the Love?
HSC
Uni Grad

This is what the youth of America think of Kpop LOL.

The common reaction to a non Kpop listener to 2NE1 is immediately:

'Why are they copying Lady Gaga?'

'Only in Asia ...'

'What is wrong with them?'

Ignorance I know. Eventhough I despise all forms of pop music I think the Asian (at times the South Amercian) market particularly Japan,China, Korea, Brazil, Peru etc are more than enough in terms of a profit v.s. exposure sense for Kpop. Rather than expanding Korean entertainment agencies should consolidate their places as a musical force and genre in these current markets rather than attempt to get their 'hands full'.

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad

^Oh dear.

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad

Stupid little kids ^^ don't know TRUE MUSIC. k pop!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)