Israel preparing strike against Iran (1 Viewer)

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
boris said:
Irans population has doubled since 1970 :confused:

2/3s of the population is under 25? Holy fuck

They could mobilise 1 million men if needed
Yeah but that's the thing - Iran is all about numbers. They've got plenty of men and plenty of tanks and shit, but they don't have much new technology or equipment. What new stuff they do have is typically Russian hand-me-downs.

Men don't matter so much anymore. The zerg rush strategy hasn't really worked since WW2. These days it's all about military spending (tech and R&D), and how new your current equipment is.

In that regard, Australia is like 12th, and Rudd plans to put us in the top 10 because he's worried about South-East Asia's political stability.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Trefoil said:
In that regard, Australia is like 12th, and Rudd plans to put us in the top 10 because he's worried about South-East Asia's political stability.
*public school roof collapses*

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
jb_nc said:
*public school roof collapses*
Haha.

But it's not like he hasn't already released an increased education funding package. Australia's defence is important. We're a resource-rich country fairly alone in the middle of nowhere surrounded by a bunch of overpopulated, barely stable, and resource-hungry entities with India, Pakistan and China just above them, and no allies near us. Our military strength is bound to end up being disproportionate to our population.

boris

Banned
HSC
Trefoil said:
Yeah but that's the thing - Iran is all about numbers. They've got plenty of men and plenty of tanks and shit, but they don't have much new technology or equipment. What new stuff they do have is typically Russian hand-me-downs.

Men don't matter so much anymore. The zerg rush strategy hasn't really worked since WW2. These days it's all about military spending (tech and R&D), and how new your current equipment is.

Yeah i was only surprised at the 2/3s of the population being under 25. Thats pretty fucking significant you have to admit. And a population doubling in 30odd years is massive i would have thought.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Trefoil said:
Their parliament is rational enough, and I doubt they'd want to bomb their own holy sites or the Palestinians (not that they like them). And anything surgical against Israel they don't need nukes for.

I support any pre-emptive strike by Israel or NATO, though. Too high a risk of the Ayatollah having a bad day and going crazy with nukes, or Islamic militants gaining control of nuclear material.

It should be pointed out that any such strike would be similar to the one against Iraq in the 1980's: non-nuclear, surgical, and aimed only at nuclear production sites. Or this one against Syria in 2007.
So you believe that Iran wont use nuclear weapons against Israel, as it has threatened to do, because they are supposedly 'rational' enough to want to preserve sacred Muslim sites?
I wouldnt trust them with the bomb for 5 seconds

impervious182

HSC
Iron said:
So you believe that Iran wont use nuclear weapons against Israel, as it has threatened to do, because they are supposedly 'rational' enough to want to preserve sacred Muslim sites?
I wouldnt trust them with the bomb for 5 seconds
Agreed.

Though all this talk of nuclear weapons by Iran, is just that, talk. They're not going to be producing nuclear weapons for at least 10 years... and the US know this, I think.

As for Iran. They've been annoying for quite some time now. Dabbling in politics within Iraq and other neighbouring states and creating instability. However Israel would simply create more enemies than it already has, should it strike against Iran (the world's third largest oil exporters).

What's more the US would not be able to help them. So such a move would be strategically, very very weak. What's more, to attack Iran, they would have to fly over 'neutral' territories... which would only exacerbate the problem.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
im sorry, if israel can have nukes then iran should have nukes as well. we all know that if the circumstances arises and if Israel is on its last hurrah it WILL USE NUKES.

impervious182

HSC
bigboyjames said:
im sorry, if israel can have nukes then iran should have nukes as well. we all know that if the circumstances arises and if Israel is on its last hurrah it WILL USE NUKES.
Erm... so would the US, Russia or any other state possessing nuclear weapons. If it got to the point where Australia for example, where at war and being invaded, would there really be any Australian not supporting any means of counter-offensive?

Certainly not. So as for Israel using it as a last hurrah. Maybe... but so would any state trying to defend itself. However that said, I don't think it would ever become likely for Israel to use a nuclear weapon, because to do so might be a show of strength, but would certainly be suicide. I don't think America would continue supporting Israel is such drastic action was taken and certainly Israel's neighbours, who happen to be very close to Iran, would not be happy. It would lead to even greater regional instability and Israel would most certainly be destroyed.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Well that's the difference James. Israel just wants the right to live peacefully in Israel. It doesnt plan to roll through the middle-east and claim it all for themselves. It doesnt want to annihilate Iran at the first availiable opportunity. It wants security. It wants this miserable strip of land and has had to fight tooth and nail, almost straight after the holocaust, against these petty, murderous bastards just to keep it.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Iron said:
It wants this miserable strip of land and has had to fight tooth and nail, almost straight after the holocaust, against these petty, murderous bastards just to keep it.
ummm, i wonder why!? maybe if your thick skull could process the fact that ITS NOT THEIR LAND......oh wait.......the bible said it was.....ROFLMAO.. srsly, c'mon.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
That's an internal matter, not a valid reason for it's anti-semetic neighbours to "drive it into the mediterranean"

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Iron said:
That's an internal matter, not a valid reason for it's anti-semetic neighbours to "drive it into the mediterranean"
listen, give me a suffice reason as you why Iran should NOT have nuclear bombs and ISRAEL SHOULD... dont give me this crap like president X said something about nation Y. srsly, something that wont make you look like a idiot.

also, lets not forget that for all the bullshit the middle east is infected by, stability has never been achieved simply because of an external force like Israel trying to be part of the "middle east". lets not forget that the Palestinians nor the Arabs had nothing to do with the holocaust.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
As i've said, the Israeli record is one of defence - of maintaining the security of its modest lands. The record of it's neighbours, including Iran, is one of offense - of maintaining hostility for racist reasons.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Iron said:
As i've said, the Israeli record is one of defence - of maintaining the security of its modest lands. The record of it's neighbours, including Iran, is one of offense - of maintaining hostility for racist reasons.
dude? are you fucking serious? srsly....or are you trolling? i sometimes cant pick up your troll moments.

impervious182

HSC
Iron said:
Ok, I don't really want to contradict you, because your main argument I agree with.

However Iran hasn't really had a history of offense. In the Iran-Iraq war it was attacked, so it was defending itself. Since then it hasn't launched any great offensive, just threatened to. (At least that's my understanding.)

As for Israel. Although they claim that everything they do is in self-defence. They do respond very extremely and launch cross-border attacks, which is itself more offensive than defensive at times.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I was obviously referring to offense in connection to Israel. And stop. Putting full. Stops in random place.s

impervious182

HSC
Iron said:
I was obviously referring to offense in connection to Israel. And stop. Putting full. Stops in random place.s
Hahaha... Yeah, I did put full stops in random places then.

impervious182

HSC
John Oliver said:
He is being 100% serious because that post is 100% fact you brainwashed fuck.
That's a little mean.

Don't hate me, but I have to ask one thing. Can you explain to me how Iran is a neighbour of Israel?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)