Israel preparing strike against Iran (2 Viewers)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Regional neighbourhood.
Youre highly annoying

impervious182

HSC
Iron said:
Regional neighbourhood.
You're highly annoying
Lol. I thought you would say that, and I know.

I'm just trying my best to instil reason into all of your minds. haha. :D

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Holy man of knowledge Trefoil said:
I support any pre-emptive strike by Israel or NATO, though. Too high a risk of the Ayatollah having a bad day and going crazy with nukes, or Islamic militants gaining control of nuclear material.
lol. You're such a penis.

How about that time Israel spontaneously decided to invade Lebanon for no good or decent reason at all? Remember that?

Number of innocents Iran has killed recently: low number
Number of innocents Israel has killed recently: thousands, if not tens or hundreds of thousands

I know which one I think needs a pre-emptive strike, you clod like cunt.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Responding to an unprovoked attack and kidnapping is no reason? Everyone agrees that it was not proportional, but WHAT IS THE VIRTUE OF A PROPORTIONAL RESPONSE?!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Let the word reign forth from this time and place that when you harm an Israeli citizen, we dont hit back with proportional response, we hit BACK with TOTAL DISASTER
/storms out of thread

impervious182

HSC
How could anyone support an Israeli strike of Iran? It's such a ridiculous notion.

It would completely harm regional and global stability... would piss off Jordan and Iraq too.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Martin Sheen is the father I never had

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Iron is the correct person in this thread.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
Israel is moving in the right direction. An air strike of Iran's nuclear plant is overdue and must be done as soon as possible for the best interest of Israel, Arab league , the middle east and the rest of the world. :skip:

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
alexdore993 said:
How could anyone support an Israeli strike of Iran? It's such a ridiculous notion.
10 nuclear scientists dead vs Iran with nuclear weapons. You choose.

It would completely harm regional and global stability... would piss off Jordan and Iraq too.
For your information, Jordan, Iraq, Syria, Saudi Arabia, etc do not want a world where Iran has nuclear weapons.

impervious182

HSC
Trefoil said:
For your information, Jordan, Iraq, Syria, Saudi Arabia, etc do not want a world where Iran has nuclear weapons.
Never claimed they did. Admittedly I didn't read the start of the thread and assumed that a hypothetical Israeli strike would be against Iran in general, not against nuclear research facilities.

I did however claim that Israel would never launch a full-scale attack on Iran. To do so would violate the airspace of Jordan, Syria, Iraq etc. who don't want Iran to possess nuclear weapons, but at the same time, do not want Iran against them. Particularly Iraq doesn't want this.

As a result it would lead to much political tension for Israel and its position would become very shaky. It would also be a shocking time for an all-out strike with the transition of government occuring in America (their greatest allies) and the withdrawal from Iraq under the status-of-forces agreement.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
A Jew said:
Yeah an attack on their soil and a kidnapping of their soldiers is NO REASON AT ALL.
For an all out war resulting in the deaths of thousands of innocent civilians, massive damage to the nations infrastructure that both led to the crumbling of Lebanon's economy - no, it wasn't a reason. Certainly not a reason to wage war on people that had no fucking part in any of it in the first place.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
If youre so outraged by it, how do you think a nation should react to constant terrorist rocket attacks against its civilians and unprovoked attacks and kidnappings against its soldiers in its own territory? It wasnt a balanced response -most would admit that- but you have to admit that a state cant just sit back and accept such constant violence as the cost of doing business. Surely you can understand the frustration and political pressure behind the war against a state that pretended such terrorist activity wasnt happening and had nothing to do with them

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I accept that there's a threshold at which point a state must defend itself. Two problems now present their ugly mugs:

1. Israel had not yet reached that threshold
2. Israel is not a state

impervious182

HSC
Iron said:
If youre so outraged by it, how do you think a nation should react to constant terrorist rocket attacks against its civilians and unprovoked attacks and kidnappings against its soldiers in its own territory? It wasnt a balanced response -most would admit that- but you have to admit that a state cant just sit back and accept such constant violence as the cost of doing business. Surely you can understand the frustration and political pressure behind the war against a state that pretended such terrorist activity wasnt happening and had nothing to do with them
I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about. Which state would that be, Iron?

And yes, I can certainly understand the frustration of Israel and the desire for self-defence. They've had a tough time and any state being subjected to cross-border attacks has right to get annoyed.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Israel will get buried! unless the americans intervene.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Neb:
1. Share with us your threshold. Pressumably you'd prefer another holocaust?
2. Israel is a state under international law

impervious182

HSC
Iron said:
Neb:
1. Share with us your threshold. Pressumably you'd prefer another holocaust?
2. Israel is a state under international law
I assume though, the 'state' you mentioned that attacked Israel was Palestine?... Seeing as you didn't answer my Q, that's all I can do....

Problem is, by international law, Palestine is not a state.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Nebuchanezzar said:
I accept that there's a threshold at which point a state must defend itself. Two problems now present their ugly mugs:

1. Israel had not yet reached that threshold
2. Israel is not a state
I think the problem that presents us is actually that Nebuchanezzar is a dickhead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)