Lack of motivation, complacency, etc in year 11. (1 Viewer)

speedofsound

HSC
I think I've mentioned this before, but in all honesty, I cannot work up any motivation to study REALLY hard to achieve the marks I want and will need for me to get the UAI I want in year 12 (97.10).

I can't stop thinking, it's only year 11, at the end of term 3, how you've done won't even matter at the start of term 4, etc, etc. I've been quite disappointed with my half yearly marks so far, I mean, nothing outrageously bad, the worst was 79%. I know it's because I didn't study hard enough, and I really should be trying harder but I just can't.

Anyone else having/had the same problem?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Yea i was, but I got bored of doing nothing, found the motivation and getting back into it... wasted all my holydays x_X

79% isnt bad lol, take it easy, "its only year 11"

MetroMattums

HSC
When everyone else starts caring, you'll start caring too.

If that doesn't happen - do something that you enjoy. Seriously. The motivation should come.

allira92

HSC
yes it happens to me too, not because i dont care but because i cant be bothered and then i dont go as well as i should then i get into thinking its 'only yr 11' which i then start thinkin oh well why bother and i fall into this cycle of un motivation

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
year 11 doesn't matter too much but dont think it'll be easy to start studying hard in yr 12 just like that.
its not going to be that easy.

Brontecat

HSC
im having motivation issues atm for all the subjects i used to like :(
i can't believe that the only subject im motivated for is maths - my ex most hated subject

AlexMD

HSC
im having motivation issues atm for all the subjects i used to like :(
i can't believe that the only subject im motivated for is maths - my ex most hated subject
I'm exactly the same. All the subjects I used to breeze through a couple years ago I'm now finding really hard to study for and concentrate on and maths has found its way up my fav subjects list.

Alex

sabrin

HSC
me too im so bad with studying its not funny i get distracted easily n my half yearlys werent very gud:(. maths is becoming one of my favz too. thats weird :confused:

BBBrock16

HSC
Yeahh, Im In Yr 11 Too.. Half Yearlies are on this week. But study is the last thing on my mind, I Have my beautiful Girlfriend to keep caree of!

Year 11 Is Ok.. But PHYSICS SUCKS!

buiwashere

HSC
When everyone else starts caring, you'll start caring too.

If that doesn't happen - do something that you enjoy. Seriously. The motivation should come.
Sounds like solid advice, I'm also having the same problems. Then again I'm an optimist. Keep your mind active, if not on studies, then something else.

Today I had my Eng half yearlies, and despite everyone around me studying and stressing, i can't find the motivation ...... *sigh* =( wish me luck haha

HAHA i just thought of something a guide said on my Crossroads camp.

"does it really suck? or do you really suck at it??" <--- it didn't have sexual connotations at the time HAHA

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Ahahaha I just decided what I wanna do in Uni.
And 88 UAI just.. Kills my motivation.
Especially since I can get 5 bonus points 'cause of my subjects..
There goes my study.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
I honestly think if you can't muster up the motivation to do well in what you have to, you don't deserve that UAI. Think about it. The whole of your life, you are never going to be doing the things you like always, you have to learn to pull your thumb out of your ass, sit down and start working, nail that UAI and get into the course you want so you can buy your wife that BMW on your 10th anniversary.

Trying and not understanding is an excuse, not being 'motivated' is pussy and isn't an excuse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)