Lack of motivation, complacency, etc in year 11. (1 Viewer)

kimusensei

HSC
>____< I am having this problem too! -and yes, maths is the subject i look forward to most. very peculiar. lol.
Yes, I hardly study atm, as i just stayon the computer watch anime/draw manga etc etc. and never sit at my desk studying. I only seem to study when its the day/night before exams. oh dear. gosh, i am FAIL. >___< and now it's starting to become a bad habit of mine.

speedofsound

HSC
I honestly think if you can't muster up the motivation to do well in what you have to, you don't deserve that UAI. Think about it. The whole of your life, you are never going to be doing the things you like always, you have to learn to pull your thumb out of your ass, sit down and start working, nail that UAI and get into the course you want so you can buy your wife that BMW on your 10th anniversary.

Trying and not understanding is an excuse, not being 'motivated' is pussy and isn't an excuse.
relax.

lordovbloodless

HSC
I find that the subjects i really really love Modern history and ancient history i been really trying. But i was expecting a lot more from I.P.T and i got my results back and it was 30% but i picked up my grade with my assignment marks. I find i am pretty lazy when it comes to I.P.T But then my teacher was having an epic go at my yesterday saying if i dont pass 12 units i cant do my HSC so i was all confused face. so i might as well ask now. is that true? If it is, i better do some work :p if not, stick I.P.T where the sun don't shine :p

arsenal18862008

HSC
I'm the same. Can't really be bothered with school at the moment, although I'd like to be doing better. I'm sure a lot of people go through this sort of phase.

I'm confident I'll fix myself up though.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
i'm so lazy its beyond amusing.
year 11 has been ridiculously easy so far, i was hoping it would be interesting and challenging so i could develop a 'good work ethic for the HSC' but alas, it is certainly not challenging and only mildly interesting
so when HSC comes around i'll be doomed to mediocrity and regretting my laissez-faire attitude.

... i wouldn't worry too much, i'm sure your doing brilliantly and will continue to do so.
by the way, how did your society assessment end up? your topic sounded lovely.

suzlee

HSC
I honestly think if you can't muster up the motivation to do well in what you have to, you don't deserve that UAI. Think about it. The whole of your life, you are never going to be doing the things you like always, you have to learn to pull your thumb out of your ass, sit down and start working, nail that UAI and get into the course you want so you can buy your wife that BMW on your 10th anniversary.

Trying and not understanding is an excuse, not being 'motivated' is pussy and isn't an excuse.

I thank you for this, honestly.
Closing BOS RIGHT NOW, and going to do some maths hw for once.

speedofsound

HSC
i'm so lazy its beyond amusing.
year 11 has been ridiculously easy so far, i was hoping it would be interesting and challenging so i could develop a 'good work ethic for the HSC' but alas, it is certainly not challenging and only mildly interesting
so when HSC comes around i'll be doomed to mediocrity and regretting my laissez-faire attitude.

... i wouldn't worry too much, i'm sure your doing brilliantly and will continue to do so.
by the way, how did your society assessment end up? your topic sounded lovely.
thanks for your input, and thanks again. i just got it back the other day, 19/20 which i'm very happy with, lost a mark because one of the questions sounded like a leading question. oh well. :)

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
congratss, thats a brilliant result!

most ridiculous thing, if anything you should be motivated to learn things youa re interested in and things that will aid you in living life (sounds lame but really) life which may i add, goes beyond the HSC and your UAI. learning should be much more than jumping through hoops to drive a BMW.

plus, no one should be crucified for lack of motivation, i think it says quite a bit about the institution of school as well as the content of some subjects.

Last edited:

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
most ridiculous thing, if anything you should be motivated to learn things youa re interested in and things that will aid you in living life (sounds lame but really) life which may i add, goes beyond the HSC and your UAI. learning should be much more than jumping through hoops to drive a BMW.
You're argument is 100% logical. Too bad the world doesnt work that way, my friend.

But in the end, you 'liking' the subject and being 'interested' in it counts for nothing. There is no field on your HSC results that says 'interest'. Its your mark that counts ultimately, so the ultimate solution if to shut the fuck up, getd rid of this motivation bullshit and study.

If you like the subject and you are interested in it, then fine, lucky you! But I don't particularly like english, and I understand what you mean by lack of motivation, but sometimes you just have to do it. Simple.

K

khorne

iSplicer may be harsh, but it's tough love. He speaks some truth.

rundotop

HSC
N/A
I think I've mentioned this before, but in all honesty, I cannot work up any motivation to study REALLY hard to achieve the marks I want and will need for me to get the UAI I want in year 12 (97.10).

I can't stop thinking, it's only year 11, at the end of term 3, how you've done won't even matter at the start of term 4, etc, etc. I've been quite disappointed with my half yearly marks so far, I mean, nothing outrageously bad, the worst was 79%. I know it's because I didn't study hard enough, and I really should be trying harder but I just can't.

Anyone else having/had the same problem?
fuk me dead Mel B.
Jeeze, just suck it up. and your honestly are telling me that your lowest was 79% shit man and this is when you are not studying?. Mine was 52%.......with studying.

motivation is not what u aim towards
your aiming towards 97.10 so GO there.
and i agree with you it's year 11... pfft, who srs gives?
if i was getting 52% in year 12, i'd be going schizo...

asdfpoiu

HSC
lol saaammme!! got zero motivation and my half yearly marks are total shit
get your parents to bribe you for motivation, like 50 bucks for every subject above 90 :D
my parents are too stingy >.> but works for my friends

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
yeah, your right isplicer.
and when doing no work stops working for me, i may heed your wise words.
haha, who am i kidding. careers are a 20th century invention and i don't want one.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
congratss, thats a brilliant result!

plus, no one should be crucified for lack of motivation, i think it says quite a bit about the institution of school as well as the content of some subjects.
most people dont get to do things they like after school anyway. i.e. jobs they like.

Mu5hi

Banned
HSC
Ahahaha I just decided what I wanna do in Uni.
And 88 UAI just.. Kills my motivation.
Especially since I can get 5 bonus points 'cause of my subjects..
There goes my study.
you doing subject via distance ed?

Also in life most people are unhappy with there careers. So get used to doing things you dont like.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
haha, who am i kidding. careers are a 20th century invention and i don't want one.
lol, wtf on both counts

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
I had this problem when I was in Term 2 of Year 12. I was topping all of my classes (except English because it's a joke of a subject) and well on my way to a UAI in the 90's. Then I slackened off heaps and couldn't be bothered putting in the required effort anymore and my grades slipped heaps. I ended up with a UAI of 81.40 which was definitely fine for the course I wanted to get into, but I still felt really disappointed in myself.

Just imagine you've achieved your goal UAI of 97.10 - how it feels and what you can do with it. That alone should be an extra boost of motivation to read another chapter of your English novel or write a draft essay in History.

Good luck! :)

mraowbear

HSC
they're a sexy invention and i want one!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)