Pill/Implanon/IUD (1 Viewer)

balletdancer798

HSC
I have the implanon, and I absolutely love it. THe biggest drawback though is acne, but I think thats only in about 8% of users. I have no period which is a major plus for me b/c it was always really bad. I used to take the pill and I consider implanon a big improvement over the pill. As far as it not being inserted, you should be able to feel it under you skin. Unless you're really skinny or have really pale skin, you won't be able to see it. My skin is pale enough that my veins can be seen through my skin, but you cannot see my implanon unless you push it up to the skin. This was a great alternative for me since I cannot use the depo shot or an IUD.
IF you are the least bit overweight, alot of doctors won't let you get the depo shot. The shot also is linked to osteoporosis around the injection site, and it also causes weight gain I think about 95% of the time.
The new IUD out is Mirena, they mostly will only let you get it if you have had a child. It's good for 5 years, but everyone that I know on it has had really bad period cramps even if they don't get a period while on it. It can cause heavy bleeding which is the case normally when it falls out.
The patch is somewhat controversial. If you are underweight or on the lower end of normal, your doctor may let you try it. It similiar to the stop smoking patches in size and color and is placed on your upper arm, hip, or lower abdomen. If you have sensitive skin, it may not be a good idea. This is definately one to talk to your dr about.
Implanon - is about the size of a matchstick, light blue in color, and is inserted on the underside of your upper arm. I have a small scar from insertion, but it looks like a very pale freckle. They will give you a shot to numb that part of your arm and come back a few minutes later to insert it. You can watch if you want, but it's up to you. My doctor wouldn't let me leave until I could find it in my arm by myself. The only chance they told me there was of it coming out is if you play with it alot before the injection site heals, you can slide it back out, but you would have to push the rod out a little bit and then pull it the rest of the way out. It's not very likely. There is a small chance of weight gain, acne, mood swings etc, but there percentages are not very high. The implanon is also more effective than getting you tubes tied since you are able to make sure that it's still there. It does effect your sex drive to a degree and can cause vaginal dryness. the degree your sex drive is effected will depend on you, it's different for every person. I did also have a large bruise from the injection site, but I'm anemic and therefore bruise easily. it took about 2 weeks for the bruise to go away. My boyfriend and I love it though because I don't have to worry about a pill every day, and it's so effective. Also since neither of our parents know we are sexually active with one another, we don't have to worry about them finding pill packs when we visit or when they come to visit us. Also with my job, it makes it much easier because I don't have to worry about taking a pill at a specific time every day. If you have any other questions, I will be more then happy to answer whatever I can. My email is balletdancer7986@yahoo.com Hope this Helps

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
What's the point in taking the pill if you're single? I suppose it's like guys carrying condoms in their wallets.

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
i cant i was banned for liek 2 months and now cant see non schooloool

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
which shit cunt insists on banning you

did u call some random people sluts?

i dunno, it's either wuddie or goderator. wuddie is just pissed that you're employed.

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
i was banned cos i started a thread about those 8 cunts in melb who crashed and i said i hoped atleast some of them die lol

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
abbeyroad said:
What's the point in taking the pill if you're single? I suppose it's like guys carrying condoms in their wallets.
i believe that some girls take it because it regulates their periods which are otherwise all over the place. there's also the fact that some pills are really good for acne, which is why i began to take it.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
abbeyroad said:
Keep in mind its not effective straight away so its better to be prepared. I think my packet says two weeks but some docs suggest waiting at least a month to make sure they are strong enough

As others have said there are health benefits like regulating periods, lessening the pain or for acne

Also it takes your body a while to adjust before going on or off the pill so its better to just stay on it rather than going on an off when you are getting some.

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
Oh, thanks for clearing it up, I didn't know that before.

Respect to you ladies, some of the shit that you'll have to deal with.

magchem07

Open Up!
HSC
hi guys,

I need help, I haven't been on any pill and am going on holidays with my boyfriend in Feb.Does anyone know how long before sex I need to start taking pills to give me protection for that period? n do I always need to have it prescribed?

thnx

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
magchem07 said:
hi guys,

I need help, I haven't been on any pill and am going on holidays with my boyfriend in Feb.Does anyone know how long before sex I need to start taking pills to give me protection for that period? n do I always need to have it prescribed?

thnx
It depends on what pill you take and yes.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
magchem07 said:
hi guys,

thnx
The sooner you start the better so your body will settle, its also easiest to start with your period so go an get it prescribed now.

Yes you always need it prescribed but my prescription is for four packs and you get three repeats so it lasts almost a year before the next one.

Most pills are on PBS thus are pretty cheap...mines $18.50 for 4 months worth.

magchem07

Open Up!
HSC
The sooner you start the better so your body will settle, its also easiest to start with your period so go an get it prescribed now.

Yes you always need it prescribed but my prescription is for four packs and you get three repeats so it lasts almost a year before the next one.

Most pills are on PBS thus are pretty cheap...mines $18.50 for 4 months worth.

Thanks,yeah actually that's what I did and started the pill on first day of my period and since then I still have spotting,I paid $63 for three months and have to admit that I didnt expect it to be this expensive!what pill are you on? and what is PBS?

BTW I had posted similar Q in another forum cz I wasn't sure to get reply here.this is the address.

http://community.boredofstudies.org/718/fitness-health/143860/pill.html

I'd be glad if you could help me there too.:)

thanks heaps again

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Thanks,yeah actually that's what I did and started the pill on first day of my period and since then I still have spotting,I paid $63 for three months and have to admit that I didnt expect it to be this expensive!what pill are you on? and what is PBS?

BTW I had posted similar Q in another forum cz I wasn't sure to get reply here.this is the address.

http://community.boredofstudies.org/718/fitness-health/143860/pill.html

I'd be glad if you could help me there too.:)

thanks heaps again
PBS is the government's pharmaceutical benefits scheme which makes some types of prescription medicines available at government-subsidised price for anyone who has a medicare card. they are normally drugs which the government considers as essential or at least require regular use (e.g. asthma and cancer treatments, cholesterol tablets etc). there is more information about it here pbs.gov.au - Consumer - About the PBS plus you can get access to a list of all the medications which are eligible for the concession.

As far as I know, the pill is not actually part of the PBS and the people who refer to discounts are actually getting the generic versions. for example, im on yasmin and i pay $55.95 for 3 months but i never ask for the generic brand. friends of mine are on the generic brand of (i think) juliet and they only pay $23.80 for 3 months.

As for your question in the other thread, i went on Yasmin for my skin and I have never had any spotting, nor have I noticed any hugely detrimental side effects. I have put on minimal and manageable weight, and I get headaches when I take the sugar pills, that's about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)