RANKS ARE DEAD, What should I DO?? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
After finishing some assessment tasks left to go in some subjects, i suddnely discovered that my ranks are DEAD! what should i do??:confused: :( :confused: :(

Biology, dropped from 1 to 3/30
Engineering Studies from 1 to 2/7
Society and Culture from 1 to 2/17
Maths from 4 to 7/66
Chemistry from 10 to 6/35 (increased)
ESL 1/42 (no change)

ARGH!! WHAT SHOULD I DO??? *cry*
my crappy ranks are going to screwed me in the HSC even though i get band 6 as someone will "steal" my mark to replace their moderated assessment mark while i will stuck with THEIR exam mark as my moderated assessment mark.....HELP!
I don't know what happened to me, it's NOT fair, i will say one thing, I KNOW I will come first in the HSC exam despite not ranked first...WHAT SHOULD I DO???

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
If they beat you in the assessments, what makes you think you'll beat them in the exam, btw?

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
If they beat you in the assessments, what makes you think you'll beat them in the exam, btw?
but wat happens if majority assessment marks are from like assignments, like for me food tech, god 75% were assignments
and the rest were exams

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I beat them in EVERY assessment tasks ranging from the trial, half yearly, research task, topic tests. but in the last LITTLE assessment task about the research thingy i screwed up (in bio)
and a 20% essay in Society and culture.

SO in conclusion what make you THINK I won't come first in the HSC exam when i came first in year 11 and year 12 trials and half yearly??

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Winston
but wat happens if majority assessment marks are from like assignments, like for me food tech, god 75% were assignments
and the rest were exams
Oh, in that case, it's just tough luck. All you can do is try your best in the Exam and hope those people who'll steal your mark don't do too badly. (Last year, I was so rorted in English because of a series of "Tutor" prepared essays or "biased" marking. And I did well in my English Trial, which only ended up being like 25%)

Originally posted by Survivor39
I beat them in EVERY assessment tasks ranging from the trial, half yearly, research task, topic tests. but in the last LITTLE assessment task about the research thingy i screwed up (in bio)
and a 20% essay in Society and culture.

SO in conclusion what make you THINK I won't come first in the HSC exam when i came first in year 11 and year 12 trials and half yearly??
How can you come first in everything, except have an assessment task bring you down by enough to dislodge you?

If you came first in the half-yearly and Trials, then... you'll do pretty well anyway. The gap between first and second shouldn't be that great anyway.

Last edited:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC

How can you come first in everything, except have an assessment task bring you down by enough to dislodge you?

If you came first in the half-yearly and Trials, then... you'll do pretty well anyway. The gap between first and second shouldn't be that great anyway.
well, let's just say those people got full mark in those LITTLE assessment tasks and i screwed up simultaneously :( :( :( therefore, they sneak up on me, evil assholes!!

I know i'll do well, and the gap is like 1 mark in all of the subjects, so i don't know.....I AM GOING DOWN *CRY* *snift*
HELP! *snift*I guess i can't get my target UAI now....bye 99.25 *snift*

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Hey, don't think that way. If the people beating you are just 1 raw mark ahead, it isn't much. And the Exam counts for 50%. And the better you do in that, the higher you Moderated Assessment mark will be... and 2nd, isn't that bad. Really.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Hey, don't think that way. If the people beating you are just 1 raw mark ahead, it isn't much. And the Exam counts for 50%. And the better you do in that, the higher you Moderated Assessment mark will be... and 2nd, isn't that bad. Really.
sorry, i mean 92.25, not 99.25......
Second in a Public school in BAD to me, you think it's NOT that bad if i ranked second in most of my courses??

Benno

HSC
Originally posted by Survivor39
After finishing some assessment tasks left to go in some subjects, i suddnely discovered that my ranks are DEAD! what should i do??:confused: :( :confused: :(

Biology, dropped from 1 to 3/30
Engineering Studies from 1 to 2/7
Society and Culture from 1 to 2/17
Maths from 4 to 7/66
Chemistry from 10 to 6/35 (increased)
ESL 1/42 (no change)
dude u will be fine stop ur bitching u can easy get over a fucking 92.25

Rahul

Dead Member
i dont think u should worry too much about ur ranks. they are what most would envy. *gives an envious look* :p:D

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
Tell ya what you should do??
JUMP 4 F*CKEN JOY

You're kickin ass and you'll get over 92.25 easy.
Sit back and relax

If you don't the guy to take your exam mark as their assessment mark, stuff up the HSC exam. j/k

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
dude, youve gone from one to three. big deal. its NOTHING. your uai might be changed by like 0.01 or something. there are stacks of people out there worse off than you

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
And also if theres only like one mark separating you from first its not going to hurt you!!!!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
dude, youve gone from one to three. big deal. its NOTHING. your uai might be changed by like 0.01 or something. there are stacks of people out there worse off than you
Like me:(. I think most people here would not believe me if I posted my ranks:eek:.

JRasnier

You'll be suprised who will go really good in the HSC, people have a tendency to go really good when they really need too, like myself i jumped 20 places in ipt just because of the trial exam......and in software design kicked the person that is coming 1st up the ass cause of the major project............as long as you beleive you will do it, YOU WILL DO IT.....as long as you keep doing the work that is, and not think that you can stop working just cause you KNOW you are going to beat all of them.

is a roflcopter
HSC
hahaha survivor buddy
you are FUCKED MAN!
COMING SECOND = DEATH!

bleh =/

RedStz

True Scorpian
Finally someone is in the same situation as me. You are on the SAME BOAT AS ME...LITERALLY!!!!!!!...all my subjects ranked #1 are now slipped to...#2, #2, #3, #3, #5, And there is quite a gap between me and the person who came first *CRIES*
SO dont worry, i am too in a non-selective, infact it's a "shitty" public school, SERIOUSLY there is no point for you to panick, here are a few reasons why:
1. the gap between you and the #1 is not alot, so there isn't much difference in UAI (just like what others have said), whereas mine...probably a 5-10 marks difference >.<
2. YOU have the confidence that you will do well in the HSC exam, whereas i tend to stuff up BAD UNDER EXAM CONDITIONS
3. You are aiming for 92.25, i am aiming for 99.50

NOW SEE THE DIFFERENCE? you are in a heaps better situation than me!!!!! IF you are already stressing about it like there is no future tmr, then what AM I GOING TO DO IN MY SITUATION? SUICIDE????errrr on a second thought, that's a good idea.....
...yeah i think i might do that then *slit slit*:chainsaw:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)