The Football Thread (1 Viewer)

veridis

droog
HSC
Re: The Official A-League Thread.

8>7, thus MV fans on their high horse about SFC not having youth development are talking bullshit. 1 more means SFC are doing more than MV, so my point stands. it's quite simple, claims like "We are building for the future, an empire if you like. Shame I can't say the same about Sydney FC."(sk1001) are complete bullshit.

as for the love thing, if he can't cut it as backup in any of the 4 levels of pro-football in Brazil, and he can't cut it as backup in the second division in Japan, why do you think he can cut it as backup here. Do you really think that's what the A-League should be aiming for? The fact it's a loan makes it even stupider.

"Your whole argument is a contridiction. You talk about the HAL being a league set out to have experienced Aussies and big name foreigners, yet claim Melbourne to be full of players "who couldnt cut it in Europe"."
Your lack of comprehension doesn't mean it's a contradiction.
you still haven't been able to defend your claims that MV are "building for the future" while SFC apparantly arent.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC

veridis said:
8>7, thus MV fans on their high horse about SFC not having youth development are talking bullshit. 1 more means SFC are doing more than MV, so my point stands. it's quite simple, claims like "We are building for the future, an empire if you like. Shame I can't say the same about Sydney FC."(sk1001) are complete bullshit.
Also when you are only allowed 20 players(which is bullshit, needs to be more), one more player is a big difference.

Sydney FC and Melbourne Vic are really in the same boat. They both want to have good players who arn't going to go over seas any time soon (Fyfe, Alsopp etc) yet they also want young guys to come and ake somethin for themselves (Milligain, Kaf). Niether are really better on paper. Can't you guys give up this bullshit?

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC

leave it for on the field.

it'll be settled once this season starts (and finishes i guess.)

sk1001

HSC

veridis said:

as for the love thing, if he can't cut it as backup in any of the 4 levels of pro-football in Brazil, and he can't cut it as backup in the second division in Japan, why do you think he can cut it as backup here. Do you really think that's what the A-League should be aiming for? The fact it's a loan makes it even stupider.

"Your whole argument is a contridiction. You talk about the HAL being a league set out to have experienced Aussies and big name foreigners, yet claim Melbourne to be full of players "who couldnt cut it in Europe"."
Your lack of comprehension doesn't mean it's a contradiction.
you still haven't been able to defend your claims that MV are "building for the future" while SFC apparantly arent.
OMFG. How many of your "young players" are actually going to get a reasonable amount of match time. Your 30+ players are surely going to make the bulk of your starting XI team.

Don't judge Love until you see him play. Fred was a nobody before he played for Melbourne. And if you are so confident he is shit, a loan IS a better option. Only an infantile retard would buy a "shit" player. We have 4 non-Australian players in our team in Keenan, Brebner, Hernandez and Love. One is going to miss out regardless. Why would we want to pay an excessive amount for Love to sit on the bench?

veridis

droog
HSC

you dont get it do you? the role of the players really makes little difference. i was simply pointing out how much bullshit you were talking by claiming you were "building for the future" and sydney wasnt. how much time will love get on the field? langerak? berger? piorky and panta are really the only ones with much hope of starting, with kaz and broxham likely to get some time off the bench.
your logic behind getting him on loan is laughable. "if he's shit we dont have to keep him". you dont have to pay anyone excessive amounts. but given he will just be benchwarming and training surely it makes sense to sit a young aussie who you actually own there. that way if they do come good you get something out of it. oh and trying to tell me not to judge til i see him play is a bit rich coming from you.
rchpfox1 seems to have a good grip of things, unfortunately i have to simplyfy all my arguments to try and bludgeon them into your thick head, there are no qualitative differences between any of the aleague teams structures or recruiting policies, everyone has made mistakes, stop trying to rationalise all of MVs and just admit they are mistakes.

rhcpfox1

HSC

veridis said:
rchpfox1 seems to have a good grip of things
:O was that a compliment from a Sydney supporter to a Victory supporter?
Im speechless.

I understand where you are coming from with the Love situation.
He's young, ambitious and obviously has something MVFC like.
There are also plenty of young players in the VPL that could fit that bill.
Most notably is a youngster called Hamlet Armenian, who has been tearing it up in the VPL of late. Personally I'd love to see another young aussie in our squad 'benchwarming' instead of Love.
However, I can see advantages of having Love at MVFC.
Apart from having a killer name that the Media will have a field day with if he turns out to be good (or bad...think along the lines of "Melbourne's Love Troubles"), I think he can have a good effect on the squad, he has been quoted as saying that he would like to use his 'experience' to help the team, and hes only 21.
If that's anything to go by he may be useful in motivating the other younger players. But that all depends on his mentality, whether he is friendly and outgoing and most importantly not arrogant. Injecting a bit of flair into the team can't help either.
He's a bit of an unknown quantity, but so was Fred (I know that link has been exhausted) but only time will tell if MVFC have got it right.

Anyways, I can't wait for the Melbourne Sydney game on Saturday. I'd prefer it be in the Pre Season final but I think it should be a great match. Melbourne will be looking to make up for a pretty ordinary performance against wellington, and as will sydney who lost to them also.
I hear Juninho won't be playing, which is a shame because I can't wait to see him play.
I'm guessing Melbourne will win it, but it will be a good, hard fought match. Whatever's happened Midweek with Ljubo and Muscat has hopefully been resolved somewhat and I think our squad will be a little too strong for Sydney, who I think will still be adjusting with the loss of Carney.

2-1 to victory.

HSC

veridis said:
as for how is love a reject, at age 20 he was still playing in the state league of sao paulo and wasn't even picked up for the reserves of any of the teams in the 4 levels of brazillian soccer above him. instead he got picked up by a mediocre jap team(they only just promoted from J2 last season) and is getting loaned out from there. He'd be in the bottom 2 or 3 Brazillians in the league easily.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B63BRIYFxH4

love scored the first goal. mediocre??? i think not.

rhcpfox1

HSC

aodmjgnwpekignw said:

Sorrry.. 'can't hurt'.
Haha Im actually a big fan of one-dimensional, long-ball football :p (/sarcasm)

sk1001

HSC

veridis said:
you dont get it do you? the role of the players really makes little difference. i was simply pointing out how much bullshit you were talking by claiming you were "building for the future" and sydney wasnt. how much time will love get on the field? langerak? berger? piorky and panta are really the only ones with much hope of starting, with kaz and broxham likely to get some time off the bench.
your logic behind getting him on loan is laughable. "if he's shit we dont have to keep him". you dont have to pay anyone excessive amounts. but given he will just be benchwarming and training surely it makes sense to sit a young aussie who you actually own there. that way if they do come good you get something out of it. oh and trying to tell me not to judge til i see him play is a bit rich coming from you.
rchpfox1 seems to have a good grip of things, unfortunately i have to simplyfy all my arguments to try and bludgeon them into your thick head, there are no qualitative differences between any of the aleague teams structures or recruiting policies, everyone has made mistakes, stop trying to rationalise all of MVs and just admit they are mistakes.
BRO, WUTEVA. DOUBLE WINNAHRZ 06/07 FOR THE MOTHERFUCKING WIN SLUTWHORE!!!!!!!

FUCKKKKEN
Newcastle crowd > Sydney Crowd.

SEE YOU ROUND 21
LARDARZ

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC

Melbourne Victory 0 Sydney FC 1

says it all, really.

rhcpfox1

HSC

timlay said:

says it all, really.
Not really.

It should have been 1-1. Saying that Brosque fully deserved his goal but with the possession MV had they should have converted. The last half hour was all Melbourne, Patafta and Caceres looked extremely sharp, Archie missed a sitter and Patafta hit the bar. Hernandez looked slow and out of touch, but as he gets adjusted to the style of the A-league and his fitness improves he should do well.
Many positives to take out of the game. *Although it always sucks to lose to SFC*

sk1001

HSC

timlay said:

says it all, really.
Yeah, because preseason games mean alot!

Melbourne vs Sydney full history
Season 05/06
Round 1
1:1

Round 8
5:0

Round 15
1:2

Season 06/07
Round 2
3:2

Round 9
2:1

Round 16
0:0

2007 Preseason Cup
0:1

Head to head, Melbourne has won 3 times in the regular season and drawn twice. Sydney has won once in the regular season. Melbourne has scored 12 goals compared to Sydney's 7.

says it all, really.

*BIRDIE*

RAWR!!!
HSC

Sydney FC sucks, i watched them play in canberra once and they should have won a acting trophy rather then the game cos they called so many fakes!! like Newcastle would go nxt to them to try get the ball and then all of a sudden Sydney would be on the ground trying to get a penalty!! CRAPP!!!

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC

stop living in the past.

veridis

droog
HSC

sk1001 said:
BRO, WUTEVA. DOUBLE WINNAHRZ 06/07 FOR THE MOTHERFUCKING WIN SLUTWHORE!!!!!!!

FUCKKKKEN
Newcastle crowd > Sydney Crowd.

SEE YOU ROUND 21
LARDARZ
this is how sk1001's mind works. says it all really.

@rhcp+non-tard MV fans - was good to see kaz finally pull his finger out. he's seemed a bit lost in other games but you could see from yesterday's performance where all the hype came from. the sfc midfield had no structure so kaz was able to run at the syd defence freely so (hopefully) he wont get that much space in full season games but he sill showed a lot of class with his range of passing and vision. let's hope he can keep it up.

mat2154

HSC

anyone interested in fantasy a-league from foxsports.com? if anyone theres interest i make a bored of studies league

sk1001

HSC

veridis said:
this is how sk1001's mind works. says it all really.

@rhcp+non-tard MV fans - was good to see kaz finally pull his finger out. he's seemed a bit lost in other games but you could see from yesterday's performance where all the hype came from. the sfc midfield had no structure so kaz was able to run at the syd defence freely so (hopefully) he wont get that much space in full season games but he sill showed a lot of class with his range of passing and vision. let's hope he can keep it up.
Melbourne vs Sydney full history
Season 05/06
Round 1
1:1

Round 8
5:0

Round 15
1:2

Season 06/07
Round 2
3:2

Round 9
2:1

Round 16
0:0

2007 Preseason Cup
0:1

Head to head, Melbourne has won 3 times in the regular season and drawn twice. Sydney has won once in the regular season. Melbourne has scored 12 goals compared to Sydney's 7.

says it all, really.

veridis

droog
HSC

seems the tard is stuck on loop. anyone close enough to hit the reboot button?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)