The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (1 Viewer)

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
*Minka* said:
LOL I know right - it would be the quickest way to divide my family really. Interestingly enough, I am part Croatian, Part Serbian which is suprising really to many people, but not all that uncommon.
do u want ur farken money farken? :D

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Done my transfers, my team now looks like this:

-----------------Cech----------
Eboue--Salgado-Ferriera--Valente
---Rosicky----Gerrard--Ronaldinho(c)
--Henry-------Ronaldo---Klose

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
politik said:
It was worth it.

Yeah, and which game should I have bet my $100 on? The 0-2 loss that Poland suffered against the rank outsiders Ecuador or the Trinidad and Tobago draw? Not worth the risk.

The green and gold one made me smile when I saw it :D I'm wearing it now but im all paranoid of ruining it...

HAHAHAA! What a made commentator! I think he's Egyptian by the way...

I spend the first 25 minutes of the match shaking - I was so nervous... It kinda always happens to me during the big Socceroos games, but I usually shake it off (no pun intended) once we slam a goal home :D

The thing about that article is that it doesn't directly quote the referee, so I don't know.

He definitely is an amazing man. He stuck by our 'roos throughout his life.

Sorry about all the replies, I had to read through sooo many pages to comment.
You split your money 5 ways between France, Brazil, Spain, Germany and England to make the round of 16.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
politik said:
Yeah, and which game should I have bet my $100 on? The 0-2 loss that Poland suffered against the rank outsiders Ecuador or the Trinidad and Tobago draw? Not worth the risk.
lol what do you mean? you have the entire WC to spend your $100, or you can do it in a few hits. The quicker you spend $100 the sooner you get your jersey. Anyway with a few smart bets you can already make some money and get a jersey :)

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
politik said:
I got myself the Green and Gold Army’s special edition shirt from Mick Smith's. It’s got the little memento writing and the Socceroo's emblem around the breast areas, and will have greater longevity seeing as how quickly the normal kits keep changing these days. I’ll get something emblazoned on the back as soon as I decide on the actual specifics.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
In that case I lose $40 and get a jersey worth $130, fair trade off.

EDIT: And I just B-Payed my money from CommBank, then sent them a screen shot of the NetBank, easy.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
HSC
matt#1 said:
Cahill on the bench. Strange. Hopefully Guus knows what he is doing though. In Guus we trust!!!
Mate, you’re always on to something.

brogan77 said:
oh, and u seriously think they can still win?
You got your just deserts.

bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Australia: The Pride Of Asia!
Haha, touché mate. :D

_dhj_ said:
'History's against us. Stuff history!' ;)
Maybe it was just coincidental, but the very first ad. after the final goal was the one where Bresciano knocks over the Joga Bonito dude.

johnny_87

HSC
Is it an accumulation of $100? I went on the centrebet site but couldn't find terms and conditions or anything at all about the promo

Jimmy_B

HSC
hey waffie, about reyes and fabregas' starting chances:

How much will they be involved in the tournament ?
"Again it depends on Aragones' tactics. I think the biggest rival is Tunisia and we will probably see Spain play a containing game against them, which means Cesc and Reyes have a better chance to play. I expect Spain to play a possession game against Ukraine and Saudi Arabia which means maybe Xavi and Alonso in midfield with Cesc on the bench. But of course the systems are not incompatible, you can put Cesc on instead of Xavi and you won't get a great alteration."
link

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
Yeh, thats Nike's brilliant work pfft

How sexy would it be if we had Adidas strips this year :D

johnny_87

HSC
Cheers. Will be signing up tomorrow and just putting big bets on. $25 on Aus to make 2nd rd, $25 on Brazil to win the WC, etc

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
hmm thinking of going a multi on first goal scorers. Henry and Ronaldo @ 20.50 : 1 odds.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
HSC
sweet_as said:
There is only one reason why I'd like to see the USA win in the group phases....so if they top Group E we can kick their ass in the Round of 16:)
Haha, fair enough. See Arena bringing out a whiteboard at 2-nil down at half-time, NFL style, and Ned Zelic goes ‘yeah I think he’ll need a bigger one than that’.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
They just played the same Korean anthem for Togo... what a fuckup. If I were Adebayor and the boys Id have walked off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)