UWS Open Day (1 Viewer)

L

LaraB

hYperTrOphY said:
Specifically, what happens during the UWS Open Day and is it worth attending?
best to keep an eye out on the website and fo infor youll get from ur school if ur currentlly in school

there's students and teachers around to tell you about what's involvedin different courses and what jobs you can get out of your degree

people with info about scholarships in a few stalls - woot thats me lol :p

infor aobut student exchanges

stalls from different clubs/associations 2 tell you all about the social stuff that goes on at uni

mini like...lecture type thingos in some of the class rooms about different faculties and different avenues they leave you

from memory i think there was a demo moot and that kinda stuff

plus the usual food, music all that kinds stuf:)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
You get freebies. Like free pens, thats why everyone goes :p

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Cape said:
You get freebies. Like free pens, thats why everyone goes :p
:uhhuh: Different Uni's give diff things...everyone knows u get a plant from UNSW...I think i got one from UTS 2...and I have a UNSW thermos somewhere AND a Syduni bag...oh the excitement I have never been to UWS

S

Shuter

I think it's more like a jug/bottle which does the same job.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
I thought the UWS Open Day was really helpful to me last year, because you get more information about what you might be considering on doing. Plus I really liked Penrith campus where the Open Day was at....and it's good because that's where I am now ^^

L

LaraB

i think its pretty sad that othe runis feel a need to give you like.. decent 'gifts' to help con you into going there..

i woulda thought people who go there based on that stuff would be the kinda people they wouldnt wanna be inviting lol :rolleyes:

S

Shuter

LaraB said:
i think its pretty sad that othe runis feel a need to give you like.. decent 'gifts' to help con you into going there..

i woulda thought people who go there based on that stuff would be the kinda people they wouldnt wanna be inviting lol :rolleyes:
What the hell are you talking about? UWS gives similar if not more gifts than other unis...

klh

HSC
pens , nice freebies like foood and special promo drinks and stuff.
also this semester, thert are so many promos on, have you seen that uws email guys?
something about comps and listerine, durex crap and some nice info for people to join in some classes like karate.
cool

L

LaraB

Shuter said:
What the hell are you talking about? UWS gives similar if not more gifts than other unis...
well..at othe runis i got cd's, books, lunch vouchers, discount vouchers for retail shops, stress balls, full tsationary sets... and other people are saying they got thermos' n plants ns tuff...

i don't see UWS giving things more than pens and paper and little food items and stuff.,..

so maybe you shouldn't be rude in response coz i've been to different unis open days so obviously i'm basin it on what me and my friends got and UWS did not give similar gifts... they give some things that are similar but don't give the larger/more expensive ones that some other unis give...

if you want more solid proof - look at the annual reports - UWS has a lower budget allocated to such promotional activities than other unis so of course they won't be giving out as expensive or substantial items...

Printmaker

HSC
N/A
Definately worth attending. I went last year, heaps of people are around to ask questions and you can also have a look around the campus. There is also some entertainment. :)

7th Sign

HSC
so they are only having it on one day the 21st :( dam i cant make it :mad:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
How come its only at Parra this year? Cause when I went to open day, I actually went out to the Hawkesbury campus. I remember travelling all the way to Richmond from parra by bus

Printmaker

HSC
N/A
7th Sign said:
so they are only having it on one day the 21st :( dam i cant make it :mad:
There is also a D-Day when results are released (decision day) if you can't make the open day. :)

L

LaraB

Printmaker said:
usually the first week of january for the d-day
yeah and D-Day is mostly more useful, at least the uni says, to help pick specifics such as what major you're gonna do under Social Science or Business etc

they always say if you're still figuring out what courses you're interested in at that stage ur in trouble :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)