Violence erupts in Sydney over anti-Islam film (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peccadillo

HSC
A married muslim woman in Iraq has consensual group sex with 6 American soldiers. Do you think she should be stoned to death?
I am not an expert in Sharia Law and am the wrong person to ask this question.

EDIT: As for "what I think" - my opinion is initially that is doesn't sit well with me. If my wife did this (although I'd probably want to kill her), reality is I would not wish for my wife to be stoned to death, whether she commited that act or not.So.. It doesn't sit well with me as a punishment for this act.

But as a Muslim one thing we like to acknowledge is that our individual opinions are not the be all and end all and as Man we are incapable of having all the answers. I will be interested if someone who is more knowledgeable in the area will offer their opinion.

Last edited:

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
someone raised this point earlier, and i agree with u, as to how several have used this as an excuse to protest against the west. But, its quite similiar to how the Americans used 9/11 as an excuse to gain entry into iraq and other midlle eastern countries.
You're an idiot.

The producer finally admitted that he was motivated to make this movie because “I’m tired of the radical Muslims running around killing everyone.”
The entire Western world is sick of it and always has been.

I thought it was hilarious. Plenty of dumb fuck Christians got offended about Passion of the Christ but none of them murdered people
This.

Frostbitten

HSC
Listen brother (yeah sorry bro, thought you were from another), what you said is all correct, and i do support you in that. I would have liked to stayed but my dad ordered me outta there.

But still i keep reilleterating that its not a one way street here. Both sides, including the police and the protestors, have wrongdoings.

So some ppl think that the video is fine as it is freedom of speech. Isn't it freedom of speech to hold placards askin for beheadings? What if i burn the Aussie flag? Its wrong, i know but isn't it freedom of speech? What if i burn someone's daughter. LOL. Its freedom of speech isn't it? What i'm tryin to get to, is that u can't go out there in the world postin whatever u want to, sayin whatever u want to. Everything needs to come with regulation.
Yes you can burn the Australian flag, go for it I'm sure a lot of Muslims and other groups have lol, but burning someone's daughter is illegal because it would be assault. This is one of the reasons why the developed countries are developed because the government doesn't censor their citizens and people respect others opinions as opinions, it allows room for change and the expression of the people.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I attended the Khillifah conference where this girl spoke. She is the daughter of a prominant member of Hizb Ut-Tahrir. She did not call upon young Australian Muslims to go out and fight in the name of Jihad.
Still, I watched the video, it is highly inapprorpaite for an 8 year old.

So when you ask a Muslim - do you really want the region to be subject to Sharia Law where you can be punished by death, have to wear a scarf cant perform sexual acts in public etc etc etc yadayadayada. I personally think well that sounds a shit load better than how it is now.
If you love sharia law so much what is stopping you from leaving Australia and moving to a oppressed country where sharia law does exist?

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
The current riots in all likelihood has put the view of muslism by non-muslims back several years, to at least the Cronulla riots, if not the months post 9/11.

Peccadillo

HSC
She should be taken out of the care of her parents as they obviously are obviously not looking after her welfare.
Do you kick up a similar stink parents who allow their 11 year olds to go out wearing skirts that barely cover their bums with their friends?
Or parents who encourage an environment where binge drinking at a young age is acceptable?

This girl -although I agree she should not be so politically involved - is probably a LOT more educated than most 8 year olds.. and not just in studies of Islam.

Your comment is extremely unreasonable on her parents who are in fact very nice people who have normal jobs and contribute to society. Who are you to judge what her parents can or cannot teach her. Her views are NOT extreme so on what ground do you call for her to be taken out of their care. Pathetic.

Last edited:

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
It's so nice to see someone who actually thinks about it. Hizb Ut-Tahrir is a fundamentalist organisation - they are NOT extremist's by my definition of the word.
Yet they are banned as a terrorist group in several countries.

7eleven

HSC
N/A

If you love sharia law so much what is stopping you from leaving Australia and moving to a oppressed country where sharia law does exist?
What makes u think their opressed? If they were being oppressed, they have their freedom to leave their oppressive country.

Peccadillo

HSC

Because there is no nation who currently utilises Sharia Law correctly. Also I'd rather not go to a war-ridden area where I only get electricity for half the day, dont have a proper health service, have limited job prospects for me. Is that OK with you?

If Sharia Law was in effect and was utilised correctly, if the UN would get out of the region and stop trying to bleed the region for oil money, if the illegal state of Israel as imposed by the west was removed, if all this would facilitate the opportunity for the region to develop its (education, health service, living standards etc etc etc) without war and poverty prohibiting it. Then yes - I would gladly get out of your hair.

Last edited:

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Because there is no nation who currently utilises Sharia Law correctly. Also I'd rather not go to a war-ridden war where I only get electricity for half the day, dont have a proper health service, have limited job prospects for me. Is that OK with you?
Yet still advocates sharia law. Smart...

Do you not see that the problems in those Islamic countries where electricity only works half the day etc is because of their refusal to develop and improve liek the rest of the world has.

If Sharia Law was in effect and was utilised correctly, if the UN would get out of the region and stop trying to bleed the region for oil money, if the illegal state of Israel as imposed by the west was removed, if all this would facilitate the opportunity for the region to develop its (education, health service, living standards etc etc etc) without war and poverty prohibiting it. Then yes - I would gladly get out of your hair.
Never going to happen.

Last edited:

Peccadillo

HSC
Yet still advocates sharia law. Smart...

Do you not see that the problems in those Islamic countries where electricity only works half the day etc is because of their refusal to develop and improve liek the rest of the world has.

Never going to happen. You should claim your 72 virgins now.
Your posts are very brief. You are very difficult to talk to TBH. You ask a lot of questions and type a lot of one liners without backing them up with any substance... I dont really know where to start

No - I dont see that the problems I listed are self-induced at all. If you dont recognise that leaders in these regions are puppets to the west then you are in a dreamland. If your eyes are not awake to the levels of corruption in third world countries you really need to wake up. What feeds corruption? Money.. Whos money? I know the Arab people dont have any. Put two and two together.

Your last comments just proves to me that you are simply an anti-islamist and an extreme secularist who will probably refuse to engage in any genuine debate.

Last edited:

7eleven

HSC
N/A
No - I dont see that the problems I listed are self-induced at all. If you dont recognise that leaders in these regions are puppets to the west then you are in a dreamland. If your eyes are not awake to the levels of corruption in third world countries you really need to wake up. What feeds corruption? Money.. Whos money? I know the Arab people dont have any. Put two and two together..
Dont bother with this guy, his to arrogant to open his eyes

Peccadillo

HSC
That is a very good question. I suspect their legality in Australia will quickly change.
Doubt it. They have been huge in the UK for a long time. Many enquiries have been made and they have found no such evidence that that they provoke extremism.

Out of curiousity... Do you consider far right anti-islamist groups who operate in Europe to be on par with Hizb Ut-Tahrir, more concerning or less concerning?

This one just requires a yes or no so you should be able to do this one.

EDIT: I just want to note I am not a part of the organisation nor do I even agree with much of their policies. I just disagree with your belief that they are a threat to Australia. In fact I believe you make that statement with no real knowledge of who they are and what they do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)