Yet another what to bring to uni thread (1 Viewer)

Evilo

HSC
i was fine with the learners, i cant even remember bringing the latter, but yeah sure i spose. (it would have been in my wallet anyway)

EDIT - actually now that i think about it, i cant remember them writing any of my details down from my learners.... they had all that information already on the computer i think. Oh crap - it was like 1 year ago - perhaps jasont can answer it. sorry

Last edited:

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
Schmeag said:
No, do you know someone there under the same name?:confused:
nah, i just figured you'd be on there? you did VCE, right? you really should join the FSN board then :uhhuh:

Schmeag said:
In regard to bicycles, Katie the Bruce Hall receptionist said that the bikes get stolen sometimes. Does this mean I should get a cheap second-hand one to discourage potential thieves? How about locks? Do we still need them, or are they still ineffective?
heh. my bike's been locked up outside the front of bruce hall for the past 6 months or so, and nothing's happened. even went back down to melbourne for a month and i came back and it's still there, safe and sound. so as long as you lock it, it'll always be fine...

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
Eriny said:
What kind of ID do they require for enrollment? Will the basic learners permit and medicare card be enough?
pretty sure that's fine. you might also want to bring your passport up too if you have one, though you probably won't need it.

Evilo

HSC
humphdogg said:
nah, i just figured you'd be on there? you did VCE, right? you really should join the FSN board then :uhhuh:
hahaha schmeag another person with the same name :p
(thats 3 different people with schmeag as a n-name so far)

Schmeag

HSC
N/A
Yeah I did VCE, though I probably want to put that behind me lol. Could you give me the link to the board?

hahaha schmeag another person with the same name :p
lol what other forums do you frequent?

Eriny

Awesome Member
HSC
Okay, I'll bring my passport up too, just in case (even if I don't need it, it's probably a good idea to bring it up anyway).

Does ANU have a swimming pool at all? If not, are there any nearby pools? (Other than the lake...)

Evilo

HSC
me? netrider.net.au and b0s
thats it really :)

you however... - NSR forums, B0S and a chick at johns! thats 3 different identities with the same name... :p

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
Eriny said:
Does ANU have a swimming pool at all? If not, are there any nearby pools? (Other than the lake...)
no to the first question... to the second, yeah civic pool (outdoor), or belconnen's gym/pool. the latter is like a 15 minute bus trip away and it's pretty good i've heard.

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
Evilo said:
EDIT - actually now that i think about it, i cant remember them writing any of my details down from my learners.... they had all that information already on the computer i think. Oh crap - it was like 1 year ago - perhaps jasont can answer it. sorry
they don't take any info down, it's all on computer. i think the idea was UAC sends all uni's the information, which your school sends them... so when you look at it... it's an extremely smooth process (kindy -> university) :)

at enrolment day you bring an enrolment piece of paper (you should get sent it in the mail) around tables and get faculty representatives to sign your unit i.e. if you were doing ECON, STAT, MATH, FINM, you would take your piece of paper to the college of business to get them to sign the 1st/2nd/4th, and the third to the science department to do the same. if you have any questions you can ask them but please, for the love of god, there are 50 people behind you so either be quick, or go home and do some more research and come back another day. then you bring your authorised piece of paper to a few guys sitting behind computers and they enter your courses onto the network, and give you your ISIS (what you log into the network to do all your administration crap) password. this is where you then go to the chifley library and you log into your uni account/play around with your login/admire the phat internet connection... and most importantly update any details yourself and put down your CSP preferences.

oh and you also get your ID taken at the library. i remember last year all the IDs taken were extremely dark so the majority of 2007 new students looked like they had their photos taken in a dark room lol

it's an easy process and if you manage to stuff up you're probably a tard or drunk. they make it such that it's impossible to stuff up (even to the point where they put large yellow footprint stickers on the ground so you know where to go, plus they give you step by step instructions)

Last edited:

Evilo

HSC
jas0nt said:
it's an easy process and if you manage to stuff up you're probably a tard or drunk. they make it such that it's impossible to stuff up (even to the point where they put large yellow footprint stickers on the ground so you know where to go, plus they give you step by step instructions)
yeah hes right :)

Evilo

HSC
jas0nt said:
no to the first question... to the second, yeah civic pool (outdoor), or belconnen's gym/pool. the latter is like a 15 minute bus trip away and it's pretty good i've heard.
yeah i've been there its nice.They have a 50m racing pool and a kids pool with squirty things and a water slide :)

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
Schmeag said:
Yeah I did VCE, though I probably want to put that behind me lol. Could you give me the link to the board?

lol what other forums do you frequent?
PMed ;)

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
Eriny said:
Okay, I'll bring my passport up too, just in case (even if I don't need it, it's probably a good idea to bring it up anyway).

what jas0nt said. never been to civic pool, but belco pool is good. plus there's also dickson pool (10-15 mins by bus away) which is great. it's an outdoor pool though. i've been going pretty regularly through these holidays to have barbecues with my friends :)

Evilo

HSC
Did You Ask One Of Us?! We Wouldn't Lie

Last edited:

blacksunset

HSC
i kind of assumed that it would have a pool, considering the majority of unis and secondary schools now have pools.. oh that sucks.

shota

HSC
About the whole buying a tv situation...

Can you get tv channels in your room if you buy a tv for yourself? I have a ps3 and I was thinking of buying a little tv to take to my room so i can play my console when I'm bored. However, I am going to Japan tomorrow and I can quite possibly buy a tv there for quite alot cheaper, however I won't be able to watch tv channels on it if i bring it over here as it is an international model. So I probably won't buy a tv in Japan and will instead buy a tv in JB-Hifi or something if i can get tv channels to work in my room down at Johns.

What should i do?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)