Yet another what to bring to uni thread (1 Viewer)

Evilo

HSC
From all the tv's ive seen at johns, they have all [suprisingly] got a pretty good signal.

kretzy

HSC
Evilo said:
From all the tv's ive seen at johns, they have all [suprisingly] got a pretty good signal.
That's good to know. I've got a little TV tuner for my laptop so hopefully that'll be enough to pick up a signal.

Evilo

HSC
kretzy said:
That's good to know. I've got a little TV tuner for my laptop so hopefully that'll be enough to pick up a signal.
Signal on the little tuners really depend on the quality of the tuner. One guy i know has a mac and he gets perfect signal. The other mate has a bit of fuzz, but once he positioned the antenna properly it was ok.
I'm hoping to buy one myself actually.

blacksunset

HSC
im bringing my tv from my room at home up.. its a 51 cm, but its easier than buying a new one..
i had a look at the rooms in b&g, and as much as they remind me of shoeboxes... they have so much room to put things!!!!!!!
i was so worried i woldnt be able to bring lots of clothes n stuff but omgosh there is so much storage space..
are they small compared to the other collages? which ones have the best/biggest rooms?
x

Evilo

HSC
blacksunset said:
im bringing my tv from my room at home up.. its a 51 cm, but its easier than buying a new one..
i had a look at the rooms in b&g, and as much as they remind me of shoeboxes... they have so much room to put things!!!!!!!
i was so worried i woldnt be able to bring lots of clothes n stuff but omgosh there is so much storage space..
are they small compared to the other collages? which ones have the best/biggest rooms?
x
Ok the b&g closets aren't as big, but if gives you more floor space around the room. Just buy some latch on hooks or something. Everything will fit, just takes a bit of consolidation and practice over time. Suitcases (and winter gear inside the suitcase) can go ontop of the tardis - instantly giving you alot more room in the wardrobe.

blacksunset

HSC
i thought the closets were prretty decent sized. i was really hapyp with the size of the storage space, i just meant like are the other collage rooms bigger like how is b&g compared ot the rest?x

Evilo

HSC
ooo well B&G and Burgmann (and bruce?) have a similar sized tardis (the 1m^2 box with everything inside)
Johns has a double door wardrobe (one has shelves, one has a pole for hanging stuff). Also a large closed shelf above and below the sink
Ursies has a single door wardrobe with a half sized chest of draws.

EDIT - i hope that answers ur question.

Evilo

HSC
Largest *standard rooms.

But to be fair to the other halls, they all brag the same thing lol

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
bruce have double doored wardrobes, they're pretty big. plus double cupboards over the wardrobes with heaps of storage space.

and yeah, all colleges advertise having the biggest standard rooms. bruce are the biggest i've seen so far, but i haven't seen a john's room. b&g are tiny, ursies are a fair bit smaller.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)