Your take on the Ferguson's incident? (1 Viewer)

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
While I respect your perspective of the incident, you have to agree that one bullet; no matter the placement, hurts like a motherf****. Clearly the officer is at a wrong in the incident, no matter what occured; he should have never shot more than twice.
Whether or not he should have shot that many times is a different issue to the way in which the shooting occurred. Surely you can agree that my scenario is a lot different than the 'execution style murder' scenario people have been claiming.

As for whether or not he shot too many times? Well, probably. But it was also probably a split second thing with a rapid weapon discharge, rather than a conscious decision to shoot six separate times. He wanted to be absolutely certain that Brown was stopped, which was a lot safer for him than shooting once and seeing if the shot hit brown or not.

If Brown was in fact charging towards the police officer, which we aren't sure if he was or not, then he could have seriously injured or killed the police officer, either by tackling him to the ground and slamming his head into the pavement or by stealing the officer's firearm. In which case the priority is defense. Police are not trained to wound because its a really poor strategy. The priority is neutralizing the target. So if the incident did play out as per above, I think the number of bullets fired in that instant is irrelevant. It would of course be a different story if the officer kept firing after Brown was on the ground.

HSC
having an assault rifle is hardly protecting yourself from getting your "skull crack in..." having a IED resistant vehicle is also a massive over kill...

I'm not saying that police can't protect themselves... However, that is clearly excessive...
Mate, I am 100% certain that you will shit your pants when hundreds of angry black men come chasing after you if you don't control them or retaliate by shooting rubber bullets in order to take control of the area. I believe that the use of rifles was not excessive. Plus that IED resistant vehicle is used for many different purposes. That special police division is called to multiple occasions, ranging from angry violent protestors, to conducting raid's. The police department isn't going to have multiple kinds of vehicles depending on the severity of the event, they have that one strong vehicle which is used in all of their serious events besides the standard police cars.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Mate, I am 100% certain that you will shit your pants when hundreds of angry black men come chasing after you if you don't control them or retaliate by shooting rubber bullets in order to take control of the area. I believe that the use of rifles was not excessive. Plus that IED resistant vehicle is used for many different purposes. That special police division is called to multiple occasions, ranging from angry violent protestors, to conducting raid's. The police department isn't going to have multiple kinds of vehicles depending on the severity of the event, they have that one strong vehicle which is used in all of their serious events besides the standard police cars.
So, what you're telling me is that you are okay with living in a police state... Might as well just live in a gaol now then...

Not only this, you would be okay with the police quite literally having free reign... An institution which is prone to mistreat others, corruption, heavy handedness, etc...

On a side note, what is the first thing that you think of when you hear the word "police" :lol:

It is a public service that should not be feared and should work to help the community...

Last edited:
HSC
So, what you're telling me is that you are okay with living in a police state... Might as well just live in a gaol now then...

Not only this, you would be okay with the police quite literally having free reign... An institution which is prone to mistreat others, corruption, heavy handedness, etc...

On a side note, what is the first thing that you think of when you hear the word "police" :lol:

It is a public service that should not be feared and should work to help the community...
It's not a police state. There were hundreds of angry black men threatening to destroy local businesses which they in fact did, resulting in the community itself arming itself with rifles. You're saying we shouldn't live in an environment with police.

The police do not have a reign or anything. The officers shots were justified and I believe that the guy deserved to die.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC

they're helping the community by stopping hordes of rioters from burning the city to the ground

for fucks sake

I mean what the fuck precisely do you think they should be doing? Kindly asking violent gangs to not be so violent please.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
I mean what the fuck precisely do you think they should be doing? Kindly asking violent gangs to not be so violent please.
A bit of tact would be a good starting point... Because what they have been is clearly having a positive impact at stopping the violence...

I don't understand "wannaspoon's" logic
The logic is simple... the police have got a bit too big for their boots...

SquareHeartsAdrita

cya later alligator
HSC
apparently there was another shooting a few days? ago just 4km away from where fergo was shot. this guy was also unarmed and all

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC

it was his own fucking fault

fuck off with this "unarmed" bullshit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)