Does God exist? (19 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Well it wasn't really all over the place. It was centered.

Cannot understand how this thread has gone on for 900+ pages. If you believe in God, you don't need to defend yourself. If you don't, like me, I will let you believe what you like if it makes you feel better.
the effect of structure is immense on me.

i lost interest within the 2nd paragraph and was like 'okay what'

P.T.F.E

HSC
Havn't we just created a god. because by praying, and feeling that there is a spirit with you, arent we just creating this spirit. its all on the inside. confusing confusing.because i believe in God but is that because i have created something in my mind where i feel like i have someone to tlk to and i have created coincidence or is there really something watching over me answering my prayers.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
It’s Ridiculous!
In today’s society, yes it might be.
Everybody has their different point of view, some more influenced by others, but!

It’s still different; No one tells us what to think. We all think no matter what age, little toddlers might not acknowledge what they are thinking but it shows in their feelings. Ever wonder why a toddler stamps and screams for a toy or a desired event? It’s not because they want it, it’s because they want you to feel the need for why they want it, which leads to the reason of why we need to explain ourselves.
Some chapter in JOB shows that why God doesn’t explain himself, God doesn’t care for all the different views and opinions that the common human being does or doesn’t say or do. They say God is greater for this. My opinion is no God is not greater than human beings for one simple reason, The Bible, we created it, now your thinking the bible is just a book, The bible is much more than a book, The Bible explains hope, fear, knowledge, wisdom and imagination.
Every few years the bible changes, like the New Testament. But for the one fact that everything revolves around the bible, religion, heaven, hell, all types of different religions that we decide if this is the best view of how you as a individual would like it, we gives ourselves titles. Don’t blame them for changing the bible, all the laws revolve around the bible, do not commit adultery and do not steal, Etc, all these are in place to have the feeling that something is greater than us.
I believe that we as human beings are our own God.
“Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.”
The Bible is our way of life, as we evolve the bible evolves, and it’s not likely to change.
Luke.
Nah Moll is right. This made no sense. Moll is pretty smart, I'm pretty smart, and if neither of us understand your point it's probably because there is no point.

Start again.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Havn't we just created a god. because by praying, and feeling that there is a spirit with you, arent we just creating this spirit. its all on the inside. confusing confusing.because i believe in God but is that because i have created something in my mind where i feel like i have someone to tlk to and i have created coincidence or is there really something watching over me answering my prayers.
Are you sure that's not just you talking to yourself?

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
And even when it was clarified, it doesn't make sense.

How can we be our own Gods?
I think he's an uber-Humanist.
I kinda used to be one. Then I turned all cynical and nihilistic.
Coincidentally, this occurred at the same time as my renewed support for the Liberal Party. Who would have guessed it?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Yeah ok, Laveyan satanism doesn't actually make you your 'own God'. It means you're nuts. And it's contradictory, they reject the idea of a God or a Devil but then say 'the satanist is his own God'.

Whatevs.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Yeah well they can suck a hot dog, imo that just makes you a human it doesn't make you your own 'God'. I can't reconcile rejecting the notion of a God whilst saying 'being able to control your own destiny makes you your own God'.

Blarghhdaryg

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
It's like communities in sociology, god kind of exists as a unifying cause, actions, thoughts and ideals practiced by Christians. The idea that god may or may not exist even subtly shapes the conscience of more non-believers than would care to admit it. In this effect upon consciousness, a sort of spirituality and commonness of human spirit is actualized.

That shit is real, even if you can't quantify it, and perhaps it's a good thing to have around.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Yeah ok, Laveyan satanism doesn't actually make you your 'own God'. It means you're nuts. And it's contradictory, they reject the idea of a God or a Devil but then say 'the satanist is his own God'.

Whatevs.

facepalm.jpg

P.T.F.E

HSC
It's like communities in sociology, god kind of exists as a unifying cause, actions, thoughts and ideals practiced by Christians. The idea that god may or may not exist even subtly shapes the conscience of more non-believers than would care to admit it. In this effect upon consciousness, a sort of spirituality and commonness of human spirit is actualized.

That shit is real, even if you can't quantify it, and perhaps it's a good thing to have around.
yer thats what i mean just couldnt put it in words, it trips me out so bad thinking about this stuff. I wouldnt call myself strictly religious, i have been brought up to go to church but i can't stand the hypocrisy within, if someone asked me if God exists i say yes but not in the way it has been systematically taught

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
yer thats what i mean just couldnt put it in words, it trips me out so bad thinking about this stuff. I wouldnt call myself strictly religious, i have been brought up to go to church but i can't stand the hypocrisy within, if someone asked me if God exists i say yes but not in the way it has been systematically taught
It sounds like airy fairy bullshit and the scientists will be all 'you're a fag lol that's simple altruism', but I see the common goodness that exists within all men as in every way akin to some sort of universal spirit.

The shared feeling of sense and emotion, the pure innate understanding between two men.

It may be entirely predictable and mundane, but it does keep me warm at night.

It's a far concession from god in the traditional, abstract, almighty sense, but it's something that's undeniably real, and it's something amazing and special, and we should appreciate how lucky we are to have it and how beautiful this thing is.

Tatecress14

HSC
And even when it was clarified, it doesn't make sense.

How can we be our own Gods?

Our own god, does at first sound stupid. think of it this way;
Jesus came, then jesus was crucified, but left his marks, miricles, feelings and way of thinking behind for us to take down and cherrish, the way we remember jesus is through the Bible.

We created the Bible in memory of jesus.
Thus creating the Bible as a god, inorder to feel satisfaction of somthing greater then us, to strike us down when we do harm, to cherrish us when we do great, and above all to inforce our way of ethical feelings. e.g. justice, and forgiveness to and for a person.

They realised the Bible was a powerful source, so the laws and rights evolved around the meaning of the Bibile, somthing greater then us.
I do believe that we created the Bible for this one reason.

"Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, Teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Jesus fed you for a day, The Bible will teach you for a lifetime.

Luke.

Last edited:

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Our own god, does at first sound stupid. think of it this way;
Jesus came, then jesus was crucified, but left his marks, miricles, feelings and way of thinking behind for us to take down and cherrish, the way we remember jesus is through the Bibile.

We created the Bibile in memory of jesus.
Thus creating the bibile as a god, inorder to feel satisfaction of somthing greater then us, to strike us down when we do harm, to cherrish us when we do great, and above all to inforce our way of ethical feelings. e.g. justice, and forgiveness to and for a person.

They realised the Bibile was a powerful source, so the laws and rights evolved around the meaning of the Bibile, somthing greater then us.
I do believe that we created the Bibile for this one reason.

"Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, Teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Jesus fed you for a day, The Bibile will teach you for a lifetime.

Luke.
So basically the Bible is our God now? Make up your mind.
:spzz::spzz::spzz::spzz::spzz::spzz::spzz:

lol.

EDIT: And stop signing your name. It's unnecessary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)