Mechatronics @ UTS (1 Viewer)

Ashutosh

HSC
Hi,

I'm currently in Year 11 and I'm interested in doing Mechatronics. I heard that in UTS the first year is intern in which you get paid and the the normal 4-year degree. Is this true??

What is the difference between studying Mechatronics at UTS than say USYD or UNSW??

When you choose Mechatronics, do you have to choose something else with it as well (e.g. combined with something) ??

Thanks

Ashutosh

TheElite

HSC
The internship is not in the first year. It's split up in 6 month intervals, the 1st interval starting in your 2nd year and the next at a later stage of your degree.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Hi,

I'm currently in Year 11 and I'm interested in doing Mechatronics. I heard that in UTS the first year is intern in which you get paid and the the normal 4-year degree. Is this true??
Not really, its a 5-year degree, where your internship is broken into two 6-month internships, normally taken 2nd and 4th year.
What is the difference between studying Mechatronics at UTS than say USYD or UNSW??
UTS - has internships
UNSW - is ranked 1st in australia and like 12th in the world in Engineering. (+work experience)
USYD - Prestigious uni. I dont know much about USYD, get feedback from usyd students.

When you choose Mechatronics, do you have to choose something else with it as well (e.g. combined with something) ??
You dont have to choose something with it, although the options are avaiable (eg eng/business, or eng/science etc), from the handbook it's listed as Mechanical and mechatronics engineering.

UTS handbook is your friend : UTS: C10061v4 Bachelor of Engineering Diploma in Engineering Practice - UTS Handbook 2009

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Majority of them, yes. However if you decide to undertake an internship at a Sydney council its considered 'work experience', hence no pay.
lol, where did you hear that?
you know that chick Diaana? Blondy? she did hers at a Sydney council and got payed. i think around $650 p.w

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
lol, where did you hear that?
you know that chick Diaana? Blondy? she did hers at a Sydney council and got payed. i think around $650 p.w
It says so on every council website. hmmm
They must have freaked out wen a chick applied for an engineering council job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)