What languages do you know? (1 Viewer)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
darkwolfzx said:
planning to learn XHTML, CSS, MySQL, Java, PHP
I learnt them all within a week. It's actually waaaaaaay easier than you'd think.

And you can start building powerful web pages with them straight away.

Definitely recommend it.

Err except Java should be JavaScript (for AJAX and DOM stuff) - they're unrelated. Java is a language you learn to complement C/C++ - it's not terribly related to web design, though I guess you can make applets.

Before you learn any of that, though, you need to pick up Python; best programming language around.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
What the fuck?

Perl is the most ugly language I've encountered so far.

Zingy

HSC
Python's syntax has taken the road of one set way to do something. With Perl, there is always more than 1 way to write anything. It's syntax is so extremely flexible. That's why it's beautiful.

Last edited:

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
i learnt C++ and matlab last year and got a D......i dont know shit all about it now.

leapordfist

HSC
html count? (lol im just a school kid)

my dad on the other hand is a grandmaster in informix and oracle, and sum shell scripting thingimaggigii lol...some day

lionking1191

HSC
Lol you are going to get a lot of that from people who just clicked into this thread from the 'most updated' list next to general uni discussions

iEdd

HSC
Tried to learn Java, then Python.
Then tried to learn Objective C and Cocoa. I don't think I have the attention span to do it. Seems impossible to memorise everything.
Code:
public static void main(String[] args)

witide

HSC
We did VB.Net at school, so I'm pretty good at using that now. I've also been using C# in Visual Studio and fiddled around with XNA. I've made stuff with ActionScript 2.0 as well, and also various web code such as HTML, CSS, etc.

Apparently now I'm going to be studying Java in my first year at uni, and also Modern Greek.

cassini

HSC
i know C++, but im planing to learn python or java(and maybe lisp some day) when im done learning C++.
the first language i tried to learn was python but to no avail so i tryed to learn C++ which easier
but now that i look back python seems a lot easyer beacuse of learning C++ has helped.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
i know C++, but im planing to learn python or java(and maybe lisp some day) when im done learning C++.
the first language i tried to learn was python but to no avail so i tryed to learn C++ which easier
but now that i look back python seems a lot easyer beacuse of learning C++ has helped.
You found C++ easier to learn than Python?

Dude, you are twisted.

xceler8

HSC
I learnt them all within a week. It's actually waaaaaaay easier than you'd think.

And you can start building powerful web pages with them straight away.

Definitely recommend it.
tips on how i can learn that fast?:wave:

MailMofo

HSC
Python's syntax is horrible at best, full stop. ( Seriously )

I focus towards more (UNIX|LINUX|BSD*) development so yes, the languages i know are biased towards the operating system i use, ( Slackware Linux -Current ).

Perl
Assembly
C

The three fundamental languages for writing beautiful code.

s/Python/Perl/g;

The way it should be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)