Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2009) (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
What the heck would software engineering have to do with working at railcorp Justin... when's the last time they built something..(apart from epping to chatswood)
RailCorp will take anyone dude :p

Software eng guys might go to the ICT division, but my mate (who's doing software eng) managed to get an internship with electrical services and signalling.

Even arts students get into some corporate positions like HR, timetabling services, marketing and stuff. tbh, with engineering, you probably will only use like 3% of stuff you learnt from uni.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
I had a crap day at work today :( Someone say something to make me feel less crap :(:(:(
Whilst marking the homework for one of my tutoring students, he discusses how "Edward Cullen from Twilight is NOT a stalker but like a constant body guard who values Bella."

Bloody lol. The homework was to identify the purpose of an article you've found, giving reasons. Basically they had to analyse the text. The kid goes off on a tangent because he used a review of Twilight and says that. So cute.

HSC
Jayadore is the embodiment of loveliness - her online presence gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling and reassures me that I am not all alone in the world.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Jayadore is the embodiment of loveliness - her online presence gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling and reassures me that I am not all alone in the world.
I think that was the highlight of my BOS life thus far.
:shy: :shy: :shy:

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Also, just for more lol: one of my students called Mario and Luigi "big grammy award winning celebrities" (as opposed to the Nintendo characters they actually are).

Bloody lol.

imsopostmodern

cool as a kuhncumber
HSC
today i have an essay to write for eng, calc test to study for, psych essay plan to write (+ actually get full marks for online quiz) and a 10min bio presentation to do because my prac group is hopeless and none of them could possibly ever even vaguely consider speaking in pulic, could they? so they've decided i'll present and they'll each make a different slide for the powerpoint and email them to me at which point i would collate them. sif that'll happen. so looks like i'll be doing it on my own :(

note to self: find better prac group next year.

HSC
Goals for today:

-Write 400 words of my social theory essay
-Start some reading for my social practice lit review
-Do some work on my honours lit review

gogogogo gadget

kokodamonkey

HSC
Back from exam. Was good.

I worried too much time on the last section (worth 25marks [was out of 100 all up]) i have 50minutes left to do the last 25marks, and ended up doing 10marks worth with like 3mins to spare coz i fussed too much over the other stuff... so i reckon for the first 75marks i'll loose about 10marks, then for the remainder 25 i'll lose 10easily for not finishing, and then i reckon overall i'll loose about another 5marks..

so hopefully i should end up with around 70-75 if my maths is anything to go by.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Back from exam. Was good.

I worried too much time on the last section (worth 25marks [was out of 100 all up]) i have 50minutes left to do the last 25marks, and ended up doing 10marks worth with like 3mins to spare coz i fussed too much over the other stuff... so i reckon for the first 75marks i'll loose about 10marks, then for the remainder 25 i'll lose 10easily for not finishing, and then i reckon overall i'll loose about another 5marks..

so hopefully i should end up with around 70-75 if my maths is anything to go by.
thanks for the update. was worried you didnt do as well as expected.

kokodamonkey

HSC
Im a worried a bit because i didn't finish/ran out of time. but thats balanced by the fact i feel i did very good justice to 3quarters of the paper and some of the last quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)