Focus for year 12. (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey,

Just wondering which of my subjects i should focus on this year as they will contribute greatly to the follow on from what i'll learn next year.

Like maths where the syllabus follows on and the stuff you learn in year11 goes on to help you in year 12?
thanks

Brontecat

HSC
definitely in maths you really need to have grasped the basics to succeed in the HSC course

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I say Maths for sure, physics and economics.

That doesnt mean you shouldnt focus on your other subjects lol.. remmeber you need 10 units for your UAI.. so add english in there too

pillar

HSC
Yeah I sorta need this help as well lol. I don't really want to just bludge throughout all of Year 11 but don't want to study too hard because I'll be over it by Year 12.

and I don't want to favour maths/phys/chem in my studying because then I'll just auto-pick them next year without putting much thought into it...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Hey,

Just wondering which of my subjects i should focus on this year as they will contribute greatly to the follow on from what i'll learn next year.

Like maths where the syllabus follows on and the stuff you learn in year11 goes on to help you in year 12?
thanks
Just maths and physics.

Rest - nahhh

HSC
legal a little. you will need to understand basic concepts of like the legal system & stuff.
but you do go over it again in yr 12. just helps if you know it well.

gunne

Mew Nember
HSC
Maths needs consistent practice and focus. Everything else you can just cram the night before the test

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Maths needs consistent practice and focus. Everything else you can just cram the night before the test
lol cramming the night before during the HSC period? will it work?, I usually take a few days to cram and im burnt by the final day before the exam :( :burn: so I just take it easy sometimes and sleep :)

LordPc

HSC
id say maths and english.

english screws up most people, so you should focus on it to maximise your UAI. and maths just cause

perhaps ignore ipt, ive heard its easy and scales badly, but thats just what ive heard

K

khorne

IPT = waste of time/ easy subject...It's really memorising flowcharts and definitions for the first half, and a bit of practical computer work for the second...

djraven87

School or at home doing school work :( or BOSing
HSC
Mathematics (not sure about general though) - make sure you have memorised all the formulas (and knowing how to use them would help) off by heart so you don't have to go through the process of re-learning them.
Legal - remember the basic concepts, such as law, justice, equity, etc..
Business - doesn't really relate.. just make sure you know the definition for business..
English - remember the techniques..
History, Biology, - you won't need to remember..

And other stuff im not to sure about..

Good luck:)

samthebear

HSC
you should really still pay attention in class for year 11, cuz the HSC really builds upon your understanding of foundation concepts that will be covered in the HSC. for biology, while i agree that not much of yr 11 gets back into the yr 12 syllabus a through understanding of basic year 11 concepts (content is not important in year 11 for year 12, but concepts will be very important) will help immeasurably with getting to grips with year 12 content.

If you want to really understand year 12 concepts and topics i suggest you pay attention to everything in year 11. Without the foundations you wont get very far. its like building a house. Year 11 is the shitty year where you do only foundation work and maybe a bit of the walls of the house but year 12 is where you really build on the foundations to make a good house. (the house in this metaphor being your UAI)

btw - working hard in year 11 will pay off. especially when you dont let yourself slide into the "I'll deal with it next year" mentality. Because once "next year" arrives you'll be absolutely unprepared for what you have to do in terms of work load and study times for all your different subjects. Use year 11 as a testing year - see how much you need to study for one subject as opposed to another. by the end of the year you'll have worked out a rough idea of how you learn and what helps you remember stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)