Med/Law (1 Viewer)

mastermind666

HSC
someone told me that with a MBBS/LLB you could work in the medical law field or you could become a senior doctor - in charge of all the others

but im not sure though - is it worth it?

spence

HSC
someone told me that with a MBBS/LLB you could work in the medical law field or you could become a senior doctor - in charge of all the others

but im not sure though - is it worth it?
Pretty sure a law degree will have nothing to do with becoming a 'senior doctor'

dp624

HSC
i don't think it's so advisable to do either med or law. i'd probably do adv sci and grad med or grad law later on if i was undecided - the disciplines are so different!

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
I think it would be pretty stupid for someone to pick that kind of combo, either your dedicated/passionate about being a doctor or lawyer, it isnt fair when there are others who really want to do med (not me though)

dp624

HSC
what's so bad about science law? i know a person doing that

mastermind666

HSC
thnx for the advice, i really appreciate it - i hope i didnt sound stupid!

i only asked because my family insisted that i do it - although it might be more to do with 'honouring the family name' lol

then again, it is 8 years long so...i reckon perhaps no go for med/law

i may try to do Med in Monash and then try an MD (monash version)

SoAmazing

HSC
Well i am kinda doing Med/Law but not concurrently. I am currently doing Law/Science at ANU and have a provisional offer to study grad medicine upon completion(assuming i past the threshold on the GAMSAT) of my double degree. i think that law will be helpful if i ever get sued for malpractice, represent myself :)

SoAmazing

HSC
thnx for the advice, i really appreciate it - i hope i didnt sound stupid!

i only asked because my family insisted that i do it - although it might be more to do with 'honouring the family name' lol

then again, it is 8 years long so...i reckon perhaps no go for med/law

i may try to do Med in Monash and then try an MD (monash version)
Well i don't think that you should do it if the only reason is to 'honour the family name'. That would be suicide. i think you should only go for a med/law combo if you are very interested in the course. it is 8 years of your life (well in my case 9 years of my life... doesnt that sound exciting :rofl:)

spence

HSC
Well i am kinda doing Med/Law but not concurrently. I am currently doing Law/Science at ANU and have a provisional offer to study grad medicine upon completion(assuming i past the threshold on the GAMSAT) of my double degree. i think that law will be helpful if i ever get sued for malpractice, represent myself :)
Would you seriously represent yourself?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)