Women's Room at Macquarie uni (1 Viewer)

Atlas

HSC
N/A
"The Women's Room, located on Level 1 of the U@MQ Building, is designed to provide women with a safe space for meeting, study and relaxation, and has in the past also supported women with a range of information resources and emergency supplies. We would like to hear the views of women on the future development of this space, in particular what kind of environment and what services you would like to see provided in future.

The meeting is open to all female staff and students; boys under 12 years of age are welcome.

For further information please contact Ruth Tregale, U@MQ Sustainability Manager, on ext 7600 or email ruth.tregale@mq.edu.au."

Quoted from; Women's Room Open Forum - MQ Announcements - Macquarie University

dp624

HSC
why boys <12 years though? seems rather random

oh right, maybe their children or something.... still random

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I go there to study when the libraries full, its always very quiet.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
queer space? The womens room is more for women with kids, they can't have them running around in the library etc while they study. (at least ive found)

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC
Yeah cos males need a place to circle jerk on each other amirite?
LOL yeah man!

my favourite toilet is next to womans room, not to sound suss or anything, but i just like to have a fav toilet lulcake

Jennt

HSC
N/A
"The Women's Room, located on Level 1 of the U@MQ Building, is designed to provide women with a safe space for meeting...a range of information resources and emergency supplies.
I demand an equivalent Men's Room, where men can gather and speculate about what *really* happens in the Women's Room.
What sort of "emergency supplies" would the Men's Room have? :haha:

I'm a woman and have never been there, probably will never be there, and am really not sure why women need to have this "relic" from back in the days of "liberation".

I could sort of understand if it is a space for women with kids (those boys and girls under 12yrs of age), but maybe they can come up with a better name for it? Or maybe they could make it a Parent's Room so that men with kids can have somewhere to go as well??????

(sorry for replying to more than one post this afternoon - I'm taking a break from studying for a BIOL246 (Human Physiology) mid-term test)

ALLLICE

HSC
The Women's Room is pretty great. I don't feel so oppressed by men there. All those books on menopause are pretty handy too.

Atlas

HSC
N/A
I go there to study when the libraries full, its always very quiet.
Great idea!

LOL yeah man!

my favourite toilet is next to womans room, not to sound suss or anything, but i just like to have a fav toilet lulcake
Wow.. not to sound sexist or anything, but.. every other guy I've asked about whether they have a favourite toilet in uni has looked at me as if I was nuts ... you're the first male I have encountered who has a favourite toilet (this is meant in nice way)

Lol at 6 year thread revival.
Oh my god - wow.... why did someone dig this up? Why go reading threads that old? This is practically a miraculous resurrection :haha:

The Women's Room is pretty great. I don't feel so oppressed by men there. All those books on menopause are pretty handy too.
The women's room is not that flashy and could do with a bit of a re-vamp, and out of curiosity, do you feel oppressed by men in other places? If so, is it because of the way they behave/act or just because of their presence?

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
The women's room is not that flashy and could do with a bit of a re-vamp, and out of curiosity, do you feel oppressed by men in other places? If so, is it because of the way they behave/act or just because of their presence?

I think she was being sarcastic.

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC
Lol at 6 year thread revival.
1 Mar 2003, 6:48 PM
HAGHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wow.. not to sound sexist or anything, but.. every other guy I've asked about whether they have a favourite toilet in uni has looked at me as if I was nuts ... you're the first male I have encountered who has a favourite toilet (this is meant in nice way)
Those guys are missing out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)