books that say they r true but not (3 Viewers)

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
Has anyone heard of the book "forbidden love" by Norma Khouri:read:? That book makes me sooooooooo mad:mad: due to the fact that alot of facts that r untrue about islam and the whole plot line is filled with shit.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
It is up to the author whether they choose to write literature that is fiction, non-fiction or both.
Literature isn't also informative but it is also meant to be enjoyed, nonetheless authors are trying to communicate with the reader, this is the purpose of literature.
It is up to you to verify the integrity and validity of the literature in question.
If you are not happy you may resolve the issue by forcefully inserting the literature into the author's rectum repeatedly then licking the remains of the damaged literature.

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
look peoples all i was trying to do is to put up a thread to anyone who has read a true story and figured out that it wasn't true. I didn't ask for anyone to do something about it or to take it to the heart. so just take a chill pill peoples.:confused:

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
theres this book by Ben Mezrich titled 'Rigged', it was total bs even though it said 'true story' :mad1: but meh, it was an enjoyable read :)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Didn't 'A Million Little Pieces' turn out to be bullshit?

Sprangler

HSC
The Qur'an is fiction yes, also didn't some people think Picnic at Hanging Rock was true?

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
ok first of all thanx alot those who actaually contributed to this thread of stating books that r siad to be true but turned out not to be.

secondly i believe the quran is totally true, what i don't understand is what part of the quran is not true. It's not some dort of fairly stupid spell book, it guides people right form wrong.

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
wasn't it true? picnic at hanging rock i mean

also, zazzy, i dont have a set religion, i believe in what i believe is right, and imo islam seems to be the most proven one.
thanx very much and sorry to ask but what is "imo"

kawaiinlove

HSC
I've heard that Dan Brown's 'facts' in the Da Vinci Code are somewhat rigged.

LordPc

HSC
I think you guys are missing one major fact here. When you pick up a fiction book, Ill say it again, when you pick up a fiction book, you are ignorant to think that it will be factual. Sure, it may have some facts, but ultimately its a lie, as per the definition of a fiction book.

so when you read a fiction book and it says "this is based on a true story", you have to realise the statement is fiction in itself. when you think what you are reading actually happened to someone, the impact of the events becomes bigger, and the story hits you on a deeper level as a reader.

I mean, if JK opened all of her books with "The following events are entirely factual and thoroughly researched using multiple sources." would you start to believe in the existence of magic?

Nanasaurus

HSC
how the hell do topics like this always come back to religious debates? Can't we leave the bloody Bible, Torah and Qur'an out of this? Obviously they mean nothing to people not of that faith, but it doesn't mean that one is any more true than the other, nor does it mean that they are worthless. They play an intrinsic role in millions upon millions of people's lives, and perhaps we should just shut up and respect that.

Also, apparently there's been debate over whether or not Life of Pi by Yaan Martel was true. I never thought it was, but, yeah. Search for the random Tiger/Man is on.

Sprangler

HSC
look, when the angel told the prophet there were 5 witnesses writing it down, like today we have cameras, back then there were scrolls. That was to help the prophet to guide people the right from wrong. To show people instead of believing in diols to belive in something much more great and powerfull, the creator of all, GOD.

today we have cameras, back then there were scrolls

I don't even know what to say to that, except, I'm sorry that you've been brainwashed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)