STAT Results (1 Viewer)

eriito

Elite Member
HSC
Has anyone received their STAT results back from the May session? If so, how'd you go?
Almost three weeks have passed I still have nothing :bomb:

yummy-cookies

HSC
Nope, haven't got anything. Although, are you sure they'll should be coming back so quickly?

mrboh

HSC
N/A
Mine just arrived today in the post. Did reasonably but was hoping for a little better. Most likely I won't be using my STAT score for anything after all, but it was a useful exercise just to see how I handled that kind of test. I'd be interested to know how many people sat the test and what the general spread of backgrounds was just to gauge how well I went (ie. were there a lot of people who didn't get great HSC scores trying to get into uni, or was it mostly pharmacy/vet science people taking the test).

eriito

Elite Member
HSC
@ cookie - yea on the UAC website it says that they post results about 2 weeks after we sit the test

@ mrboh - I sat STAT for pharmacy

Radio97

HSC
Got mine in the mail today. You should probably get it either today or early next week I reckon.

MONKEYjulz

HSC
I got mine 20mins ago... quite disappointed and surprised at the same.
Does anybody know if just >150 STAT score guarantee's an entry with the required UAI. Or do you have to get a REALLY good STAT score?

Radio97

HSC
Does anybody know if just >150 STAT score guarantee's an entry with the required UAI. Or do you have to get a REALLY good STAT score?
Guarantees an entry into what, sorry?

mrboh

HSC
N/A
Depends on what you're applying for, if it's undergraduate pharmacy at USyd then I think it's just a hurdle mark (ie. as long as you get 150+ then you're considered), but someone else who knows more can probably confirm. For vet science then your mark counts for 15% of your admission score iirc.

Edited to add: remember also to look at the percentile mark .. the STAT score is just a scaled number, not a raw mark. A STAT score of 160, even though it doesn't sound all that impressive, might still be better than 75% of people who took the test.

Last edited:

yummy-cookies

HSC
I just got mine back today! My overall STAT score doesn't look that great though (Quantitative score let me down), but I guess the percentile is ok.

I can make it into pharmacy! (if get the 'ATAR' though)

Last edited:

eriito

Elite Member
HSC
Just got mine and I felt the same way you did lol. surprised but abit disappointed..
What's with the 'verbal STAT score' and the 'quantitative STAT score'?

eriito

Elite Member
HSC
I just got mine back today! My overall STAT score doesn't look that great though (Quantitative score let me down), but I guess the percentile is ok.

I can make it into pharmacy! (if get the 'ATAR' though)
Other way around for me. My verbal score is depressing..
Verbal: 156
Quantitative: 170
Overall: 161

mrboh

HSC
N/A
Just got mine and I felt the same way you did lol. surprised but abit disappointed..
What's with the 'verbal STAT score' and the 'quantitative STAT score'?
Verbal refers to the questions involving interpretation of poetry/cartoons/etc. Quantitative involves interpretation of charts/graphs/numbers.

phyr3

HSC
N/A
cheer up !

Verbal :167
Quantative: 165
Overall: 166

im.. content.

MONKEYjulz

HSC
Other way around for me. My verbal score is depressing..
Verbal: 156
Quantitative: 170
Overall: 161
lol i suck so bad at verbal too :(

Verbal: 149
Quantitative: 161
Overal: 155

I hope the cutoff mark for Pharmacy is still 150 *crosses fingers*. It says it might be different for 2010 entry coz 150 is based on this years.

phyr3

HSC
N/A
lol i suck so bad at verbal too :(

Verbal: 149
Quantitative: 161
Overal: 155

I hope the cutoff mark for Pharmacy is still 150 *crosses fingers*. It says it might be different for 2010 entry coz 150 is based on this years.

I don't think it will change significantly if at all. If it is supposedly based on all the previous exams sat.

mrboh

HSC
N/A
Mine were

Verbal: 167 (91.0 percentile)
Quantitative: 181 (97.9 percentile)
Overall: 172 (96.8 percentile)

Need to work on that poetry -_-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)