Some are born gay, some achieve gayness, and some have gayness thrust upon them (1 Viewer)

Plodygon

HSC
I'm willing to accept that folks are born with it, but would note that the jury is still out on this.
Chemical imbalances, brain sludge etc - all sounds jolly messy, what!

But as a Catholic, I dont entertain its moral legitimacy for a second. To act upon these particular temptations is a grave offence to God.
Of course, people who suffer from this should be freed from persecution in society, but there is a difference between persecuting and not condoning, imo.
If acting upon these 'temptations' is such a grave offence to god, why would god give it to these people in the first place? I don't understand. Why is it alright to have straight couples and not gay couples? Sorry, but I think every couple should have equal rights, no matter what other people's opinions are.

Don't you think disapproval might damage people? I know if I were gay, and everyone was thinking against me about it, I would find life pretty hard.

Ofc it's a trial, like any other trial. Ofc you cant have anything against gays if you have everything against God and the notion of universal morality.

If we dont give in to the force of the flame, we are all the more purified and ready to rejoin our maker in perfection.
So homosexuals are like sacrifices? They have to suffer, go against their biology, to get into heaven? And we get to heaven easier? That's horrible. No, I refuse, absolutely refuse to accept that. I've got nothing against your god, but don't you dare start saying homosexuals were only put on earth to get your lot into heaven.

Or maybe no god exists and homosexuality isn't a sin. Maybe it's just something some people are born with, to do with their genes. Maybe life is a lot more simplier than you think.

But I'll tell you one thing. If god does exist, on the off chance that maybe you're right, then screw it, I'm going to hell. Screw perfection if we have to sacrifice our morals to get there.

Peace. :read:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
2012 means that I dont have to talk to you
Good day :santa:

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
We will decide what is interpreted into Paul and the circumstances in which they are considered. Go play with your Greer dolls
I'm going to take this as a concession that all your little quarrels with homosexuality don't come from the word of God, rather your interpretation of it.

Assuming that God is real, what makes it so hard to believe that the people who were recording "his word" added their own, contextual morals into the mix? I mean, if all that was said and done in the bible was directly associated with what God thought, then any belief I could have in him would be closely followed by a strong hatred. Cutting out eyes for looking with lust? Public execution for wearing clothes of two different fabrics? And then there was the stoning of gays. If God was responsible for all this, then he has a lot to answer for.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I'm going to take this as a concession that all your little quarrels with homosexuality don't come from the word of God, rather your interpretation of it.

Assuming that God is real, what makes it so hard to believe that the people who were recording "his word" added their own, contextual morals into the mix? I mean, if all that was said and done in the bible was directly associated with what God thought, then any belief I could have in him would be closely followed by a strong hatred. Cutting out eyes for looking with lust? Public execution for wearing clothes of two different fabrics? And then there was the stoning of gays. If God was responsible for all this, then he has a lot to answer for.
It's a Catholic interpretation. Surprisingly, this is bigger than Iron.
God answers to no man. This is the lesson of Job.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Why? Because I'm young?

Or because I'm young and asking some questions which you can't answer?
Look lady, you can try and justify whatever sin you want to do by making the insane assertion that you are 'more moral' than God, but it doesnt wash.

The trial of the homosexual is not very different to the trials every other individual faces and has faced since the fall of man. Sometimes I have an intense desire to kill people like you for daring to challenge me, but I refrain. Am I oppressed? Is God a 'bastard' for 'giving' me such desires? No. I follow a code written on my heart which prevents me from ending you.
The important thing is that no man is tested beyond his strength and the trials are essentially what we asked for by turning away from God. In some way, at some point in our lives, we have all done this. None of us is worthy of perfection; we will fail the divine test. But there's a difference between trying to succeed and throwing yourself into the wind/giving in to evil

Last edited:

Plodygon

HSC
Look lady, you can try and justify whatever sin you want to do but making some insane assertion that you are 'more moral' than God, but it doesnt wash.

The trial of the homosexual is not very different to the trials every other individual faces and has faced since the fall of man. The important thing is that no man is tested beyond his strength.
No. The only 'insane assertion' that I'm making, is that you people who think there's a god, and decide to judge everyone else based on what you think he said, are about as moral as Adolf Hitler. Oh sure, he believed he was doing the right thing...

Mankind isn't falling. Right now, I think the greatest fall we face is religion. Not quiet religions, not people who want to believe inside themselves - really, I have no problem with them. But it's people like you who will go putting someone like a homosexual down just because you think that'll score you a one way ticket into eternal paradise, that really get to me. I am not afraid of you or your imaginary friend.

Oh, and religious quotes don't work on me. I have a little trouble understanding dribble.

Sorry, I must sound quite harsh. But I choose to stand by what I believe and what I know.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
Homosexuality is a social construct.
It essentially defies the purpose of mankind - reproduction.
Whether you believe in God or not, you'll agree that the purpose of a human is to eat, excrete, sleep and reproduce. And primitively ululate every once in a while.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
No. The only 'insane assertion' that I'm making, is that you people who think there's a god, and decide to judge everyone else based on what you think he said, are about as moral as Adolf Hitler. Oh sure, he believed he was doing the right thing...

Mankind isn't falling. Right now, I think the greatest fall we face is religion. Not quiet religions, not people who want to believe inside themselves - really, I have no problem with them. But it's people like you who will go putting someone like a homosexual down just because you think that'll score you a one way ticket into eternal paradise, that really get to me. I am not afraid of you or your imaginary friend.

Oh, and religious quotes don't work on me. I have a little trouble understanding dribble.

Sorry, I must sound quite harsh. But I choose to stand by what I believe and what I know.
Youre aggressive!

We are instructed to love homosexuals. It is a tragedy that requires a sympathetic and platonic shoulder to cry on, not a jackboot to the face. But when it becomes self-aware and active, it is a dangerous disease which threatens the fabric of society. Catholics work against this insidious spreading of the virus and seek to contain the evil. However we have nothing but love for the persons and we invite them to explore our position more fully. There they will come to understand that sexual expression is not absolutely essential to human happiness. The Virgin Mary and Christ our Lord, the perfect man and woman, never 'needed' sexual intercourse to be the rich and full examples that they are to all of mankind.

1bpcsmem

HSC

Unapologetically, I have to say that I agree with him. He does have a major point there. Rather then simply following the bible (The bible was written by mankind by the way). I'm sure if god does exist, he wouldn't have wanted us to simply follow by the words of the book (which he indeed did not wrote), he would have wanted us to look at things from a broader perspective and not just from "his" perspective.

Think about it metaphysically, if god wanted us to despise homosexuals then why did he put them on the earth in the first place?

And by the way, where are your morals and ethics Iron? Or do you simply follow whatever the book say? I'm sure if god existed, he would frown upon the biblical robotic reciting personality of yours.

Last edited:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Homosexuality is a social construct.
It essentially defies the purpose of mankind - reproduction.
Whether you believe in God or not, you'll agree that the purpose of a human is to eat, excrete, sleep and reproduce. And primitively ululate every once in a while.
Humanity, or indeed any life form, can hardly have a purpose unless there is a form of creationism involved so 'whether you believe in God or not' is a very important question as to whether someone agrees. Unless you explicitly believe that brand of thinking then no life form can have a 'purpose' let alone one to defy. All this aside, the basis of your rationale is flawed as something being in alignment with the human 'purpose' is irrelevant as something outside this perceived purpose is not by default a social construct.

Plodygon

HSC
Youre aggressive!

We are instructed to love homosexuals. It is a tragedy that requires a sympathetic and platonic shoulder to cry on, not a jackboot to the face. But when it becomes self-aware and active, it is a dangerous disease which threatens the fabric of society. Catholics work against this insidious spreading of the virus and seek to contain the evil. However we have nothing but love for the persons and we invite them to explore our position more fully. There they will come to understand that sexual expression is not absolutely essential to human happiness. The Virgin Mary and Christ our Lord, the perfect man and woman, never 'needed' sexual intercourse to be the rich and full examples that they are to all of mankind.
I'm aggressive? You're the one who said that you'd like to kill me. I'm fifteen years old, for goodness sake.

We are not 'instructed' to love anything. I don't love homosexuals, I just accept them as a normal part of modern society. They require neither sympathy nor a shoulder to cry on - they are normal people! The only thing that divides them from people like you and me is their sexual preference. And that's nothing, really.

More than anything, homosexuality isn't a 'dangerous disease' (that is disgusting that you would say that) but a genetic attribute that some people have. No, they do not threaten the fabric of society. They just want (and deserve) to be a part of it. And if Catholics are really as you say, I reckon they are the biggest threat to our society. Because medieval beliefs do not mix with the twenty-first century.

I don't care what the virgin Mary or Christ your lord has to say about it, if you're going to tell someone they can never find true love or have sex because your religion says it's a no no, you are wrong. Everyone has that right. I'm afraid the 'perfect man and woman' don't get to decide.

Look, the be all and end all of it is, you can believe what you like. Fine, I'm happy for you if that's what makes you happy. But don't you dare start using your crackpot beliefs against other people, because they are different to what you describe as 'perfection'.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I'm aggressive? You're the one who said that you'd like to kill me. I'm fifteen years old, for goodness sake.

We are not 'instructed' to love anything. I don't love homosexuals, I just accept them as a normal part of modern society. They require neither sympathy nor a shoulder to cry on - they are normal people! The only thing that divides them from people like you and me is their sexual preference. And that's nothing, really.

More than anything, homosexuality isn't a 'dangerous disease' (that is disgusting that you would say that) but a genetic attribute that some people have. No, they do not threaten the fabric of society. They just want (and deserve) to be a part of it. And if Catholics are really as you say, I reckon they are the biggest threat to our society. Because medieval beliefs do not mix with the twenty-first century.

I don't care what the virgin Mary or Christ your lord has to say about it, if you're going to tell someone they can never find true love or have sex because your religion says it's a no no, you are wrong. Everyone has that right. I'm afraid the 'perfect man and woman' don't get to decide.

Look, the be all and end all of it is, you can believe what you like. Fine, I'm happy for you if that's what makes you happy. But don't you dare start using your crackpot beliefs against other people, because they are different to what you describe as 'perfection'.
*sexual orientation ;)

1bpcsmem

HSC
If god is this all powerful being who created everything in the universe... Then who created god???

No relevance to the topic, just curious to know the answer from some catholics in this forum who thinks religion is a legitimate argument to state the so-called "immoral" existence of homosexuals

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

Youre refreshingly articulate for a 15 year old!

But youre quite wrong and I must shake my head at you sympathetically, child.

Only God can be the 'true' love of our life. The fact that you deny any love is a tragedy which I must put down to your raging puberty. Talk to me when your body stops rebelling against you and youve settled down :/

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC

Whoa, never seen someone so young snap Iron so bad.

Plodygon

HSC
Youre refreshingly articulate for a 15 year old!

But youre quite wrong and I must shake my head at you sympathetically, child.

Only God can be the 'true' love of our life. The fact that you deny any love is a tragedy which I must put down to your raging puberty. Talk to me when your body stops rebelling against you and youve settled down :/
Yeah, I'm a bit of a neat-freak actually. My friends often comment on it.

Okay, shake your head at me all you want. I don't really want to stay up all night going back and forth with you "You're wrong", "No, you're wrong!" Just know this, I do not love your god, and, unless he suddenly and physically decends from the sky and personally introduces himself to me, I never will. Period. Don't pity me for this. I am a free spirit who can roam this earth free forever, and never feel the weight of a single sin on my back.

Believe me, my 'raging puberty' has nothing to do with it. I'll talk to you again, but you might be disappointed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)