History & Memory - Related Texts (1 Viewer)

Lex152

HSC
For anyone doing True History of the Kelly Gang I found Robert Emmet's Speech from the dock really interesting. It ties in with the whole Irish class system nicely, and how position shapes remembrance.

I got full marks :D, good luck for anyone still to do theres.

On a final note, anyone have any ideas for a second additional text for True history?

ay-p-ex

HSC
Hi,

I have had to study this module as well and my class has done 50th Gate - only problem is my school has suxed in the english department this year. We have learnt pretty much nothing in regards to 50th Gate and King Lear (due to bad teachers and teachers leaving etc.) I was just wondering if anyone could help me out as i'm reali stuck. I have had a look on the internet and there does not seem to be anything much on 50th Gate! So if anyone could help me out it would be reali appreciated.

Thanks,

Michelle
My class is doing the 50th gate also, and as much as my teacher sucks, we still have heaps of notes on it. If you need anything just let me know and i'll see if i can help you out :)

cjdiggelman

HSC
A great short story for this topic is 'How to tell a true war story' by Tim O'brien. Relates really well. Our english co-ordinator recommened it. Truly a brilliant story.

Tucker100

HSC
I'm also doing 50th Gate and was wondering about using The Reader with Kate Winslet, Stasiland and Titanic for related texts

Are they any good??

chlodogg

HSC
Im doing titanic, thought the whole.. old lady remembering alongside the actual like, event, would be good.. but yeah.. can anyone elaborate?

EA Barnett

HSC
We're doing history and memory at school now and I need some related materials. Our prescribed text is the Smithsonian September 11 website and my teacher said that our related material can be about anything. I have no idea what to look for though. Any suggestions?

Sinamon

HSC
We're doing history and memory at school now and I need some related materials. Our prescribed text is the Smithsonian September 11 website and my teacher said that our related material can be about anything. I have no idea what to look for though. Any suggestions?
im doing the Smithsonian mueseum as well and i'm having trouble with prescribed text. thers this great documetary called 'falling man'. it links well with the syllabus i belive.

bbbv

HSC
im thinking of using the movie 'across the universe' as one what does everything else think?
would it be okay?

ruthellen4him

HSC
How does Across The Universe have anything to do with History & Memory?

I've seen uit plenty of times - have no idea how it could relate - do enlighten me :)

Roxy10

HSC
A great short story for this topic is 'How to tell a true war story' by Tim O'brien. Relates really well. Our english co-ordinator recommened it. Truly a brilliant story.
Hey, I'm using this story too - it's fantastic - but don't know what to use as my second related. I need a 'true history' text in order to make all the connections work..
Any ideas?
Thanks =]

lisl

HSC
do you think that obama's victory speech would be ok for a related text for history and memory?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)