HSC
that was only last year
lets look at the trend
2003=1 band 6's
2006~ 7 band 6's
2007~23 band 6's
2008~ 74 band 6's
yep trends... lol
but its fun when u beat other people in ur school in the common paper when they do advanced, ex1,ex2
anyone who thinks that if ur in standard english u can't beat people in adv, EX1 EX2 u can!!! get off ur arse and study lol.
Are they they the actual nuymbers for band 6's? Where are they from or where do u get the % info from?

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Are they they the actual nuymbers for band 6's? Where are they from or where do u get the % info from?
No, he would be referring to the actual number of people obtaining Band 6's.

There certainly wouldn't be 74% of the 2008 cohort achieving Band 6's.

Moneyequalmarks

HSC
u will need more than dat...
every year's standard for 'standard english' raises...
just go and read the markers comment...

to demonstrate perceptive knowledge of the module they're are studying and how composers shape meaning of it through their prescribed text, as well as their ability to portray intertextually through their related texts. In conjunction, with writing in a sustained and logical manner, and of course a strong argument and actually answering the question. <=== listen dat ^^

oh yeah.. try your best...
i managed a high band 5... just missed out on a band 6 so... band 5 is realistic to people, as long as you put in the hard work, the hours of memorising essays (IT WORKS!!!!) then u will have a chance of a band 5...

best of luck
yer this is true the standard just gets higher and higher...apparently this year you guys need to get all the way to m in the alphabet and on the note of getting band fives, if your doing standard english ,even if you do by some miracle get an amazing band five mark, you are close to illiterate and therefore the furthest you will possibly go is TAFE (dw someone has )to build my mansion)

shady145

Banned
HSC
yer this is true the standard just gets higher and higher...apparently this year you guys need to get all the way to m in the alphabet and on the note of getting band fives, if your doing standard english ,even if you do by some miracle get an amazing band five mark, you are close to illiterate and therefore the furthest you will possibly go is TAFE (dw someone has )to build my mansion)
yay!!! sorry me no speaky english

shady145

Banned
HSC
when can i start building it??? anyone else form std wanna help... it'll be fun

shady145

Banned
HSC
dnt know if this info will be any help really as i have no raw marks with it, but.
my brother did his hsc in 2008, for standard english he said this is around what he did
paper one
section 1 - wrote very few sentences
section 2 - wrote a 2 page story
section 3 - wrote a small paragraph

paper two
section 1 - small paragraph
section 2 - small paragraph
section 3 - small paragraph

all through the year he got many 0's 1's and 2's for his assessments, came second last at a school ranked 453, and that got him an aligned mark of 60

any who is terible at emglish, u should atleast get over this... doesnt seem hard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)