• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UAC book out now! (3 Viewers)

clue444

HSC
Does anyone know the handbook where it has undergraduate courses around Australia?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Got my copy today. Haven't read through it yet though.

sickk

HSC
i hope everyone goes "wow, commerce seems like such a shit idea everyone is losing there jobs... engineering is easy to get in but!" and i hope commerce ATAR goes nice and looow :lol:

shady145

Banned
HSC
just wondering... is the majority of people that are planning on doing engineering
going to try and go to UNSW?

Dumbledore

HSC
I'm currently tossing up between mechanical, electrical and civil. What about you?

Oh and all year 12 kids in my grade get UAC for free too :D
i'm not sure between computer, mechatronic or electrical, i kinda wanna do engineering but i don't want to give up programming either

Dumbledore

HSC
just wondering... is the majority of people that are planning on doing engineering
from reading many threads on BOS i seem to find a lot of people(half of the posts were by Uncle though) saying that usyd engineering isn't that good.

i would really much prefer UNSW but USYD is twice as close, still leaning towards unsw though

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm going to be doing my Civil Engineering course at University of Newcastle (UNCLE :lol:).

Simply because if I go to Newcastle I will get to be with friends, more guaranteed scholarships, chance of cadetship (good chance I hope)... there are so many more ^_^

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
i'm not sure between computer, mechatronic or electrical, i kinda wanna do engineering but i don't want to give up programming either
Oh, cool ^^

Pretty much lol - it's rated the best for engineering in all of australia and 16th in the world XD

Is it available online?
I'm not sure - try googling?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh, cool ^^

Pretty much lol - it's rated the best for engineering in all of australia and 16th in the world XD

I'm not sure - try googling?
Nah, bing it XD... I've become the biggest bing marketer lately. You buy me now!

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Aha true XD

Someone should start a thread to see who's going to do engineering at UNSW XD
There will be a lot of people going to take Engineering in the numerous fields, I think. But I doubt everyone will go to UNSW (only the asians XD... no offense :p).

I'm really excited for when I can finish the HSC and hit university... the fun begins!

Uncle

Banned
HSC
UAC book should be free for year 12 students from my understanding.
there is no need to pay ~$19 down at your local newsagent.

I'm currently tossing up between mechanical, electrical and civil. What about you?

Oh and all year 12 kids in my grade get UAC for free too :D
i advise AGAINST enrolling in the flexible stream or you will make the same mistake as me choosing subjects irrelevant to 2nd year.

if your mathematical and logical thinking is superior then electrical is for you.
civil is less demanding of course.
mechanical will require a good knowledge of understanding of physics at the macroscopic level (not quantum or anything like that, but more of motion and so on) and deals with lots of design, and some CAD (it sucks tho).

There will be a lot of people going to take Engineering in the numerous fields, I think. But I doubt everyone will go to UNSW (only the asians XD... no offense :p).

I'm really excited for when I can finish the HSC and hit university... the fun begins!
then will you realise the HSC is nothing.
there are more asians in commerce at unsw.
whites and indians fill up the rest of the numbers for engineering.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)