2009 Trial HSC Exams Discussion (1 Viewer)

r u satisfied wif ur results

• yes im pleased

Votes: 16 11.7%
  • im disappointed

Votes: 62 45.3%
  • alright, but could've done beta

Votes: 50 36.5%
  • i don't care

Votes: 9 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

0hNivlek

HSC
^ Lol nice.

@ Aerath: The amount of people doing 4U is larger than my grade by 50-60 people. That's awesome.

Top Secret

HSC
Re: whoz hapi wif there trials?

Your school doesn't have 170 doing 3U Maths and 150 doing 4U Maths.
The competition there must be extreme.

I prefer my school though. We have 25 doing 4u, and I'm sure the stress factor and the environment would be much more relaxed. I've heard students in your school threaten teachers even for a single extra mark. LOL

six demon bag

HSC
Agreed about EE1. I finished my exam and story about 30 mins before the end of the text so i crossed out my essay conclusion (crime writing module) and just started writing everything i remember abour Rear Window and the Real Inspector Hound haha. My teacher might be a little confused :|

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

The competition there must be extreme.
Yeah, you can say that again.

I prefer my school though. We have 25 doing 4u, and I'm sure the stress factor and the environment would be much more relaxed. I've heard students in your school threaten teachers even for a single extra mark. LOL
Threaten? Nah.....noone has gone that far. Although for Chem last year, someone wrote letters to UNSW and USyd Schools of Chemistry to prove they were right in a Trial. And in Maths this year, some guy tried to cheat by using 'erasable ink'. Ended up losing all his marks in that section.

Top Secret

HSC

Threaten? Nah.....noone has gone that far. Although for Chem last year, someone wrote letters to UNSW and USyd Schools of Chemistry to prove they were right in a Trial. And in Maths this year, some guy tried to cheat by using 'erasable ink'. Ended up losing all his marks in that section.
Haha, wasn't the sarcasm obvious enough?

eggy91

HSC

I'm confident with all my trials, i've already recieved the results back for modern which were solid. Wrote plenty for all my essays/creatives and there wasen't any real curveball questions so I should be fine.
is this nick gibbs?

Brontozaurus

HSC
Most of my year has finished trials-bar me and the rest of History Extension (and Maths Extension). So everyone's going YAY TRIALS ARE OVER and I'm going I HATE YOU ALL.

astroe

HSC

And in Maths this year, some guy tried to cheat by using 'erasable ink'. Ended up losing all his marks in that section.
How is that cheating?
I used that in my trials. :haha:

I like how I can erase words in essays that I've miswritten or something, and there seems to be no rules against it, or anyway to check. LOL.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad

How is that cheating?

I like how I can erase words in essays that I've miswritten or something, and there seems to be no rules against it, or anyway to check. LOL.
What is wrong with erasable ink? Is that because when the exams are given back, people are able to rub out and change their answers to make out that the teachers have made a simple error in the marking?

astroe

HSC
WHOA. That thought never occurred to me.

When I used it, the supervisors saw and did nothing about it.
It's expensive though, like 4 dollars a pen? I've used up one of them already.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

How is that cheating?

What is wrong with erasable ink? Is that because when the exams are given back, people are able to rub out and change their answers to make out that the teachers have made a simple error in the marking?
Oh, my bad, poor explanation. He got the exam back, asked all the people who did well what the answers were, and then changed his answers/working. Unfortunately for him, Maths staff had scanned his paper, so they found out.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad

Oh, my bad, poor explanation. He got the exam back, asked all the people who did well what the answers were, and then changed his answers/working. Unfortunately for him, Maths staff had scanned his paper, so they found out.
He did this in the lesson you got them back though? When we are given exams back, the only changes that can be made only happen in class on the day they are handed back and teachers can be asked to revise them on that day in their own time.

That's it.

jet

Banned
HSC

I forgot that I needed to complete my third topic for music. Now I've lost so much time to do these Viva voces. I'll be up till the early hours of the morning tonight; it's going to kill me.
I don't really get tomorrow, because my time is 9:25 am. I have a feeling that I'm slightly screwed.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

He did this in the lesson you got them back though? When we are given exams back, the only changes that can be made only happen in class on the day they are handed back and teachers can be asked to revise them on that day in their own time.

That's it.
Nah, he did it like a week later. Teachers scan papers randomly - he just happened to be unlucky enough to have his paper scanned that round.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad

Well it teaches you not to cheat in exams!...

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC

FINALLY finished all my trials (this is the second time im having this feeling :mad1:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)