Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2009) (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

imsopostmodern

cool as a kuhncumber
HSC
went to teppenyaki tonight and the guy kept chucking food down my shirt >: ( everyone else he was completely accurate for but NOOOOO not me. grr

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
ah, nothing better than an Alice Cooper concert to help you unwind after a long day. \m/

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Not being able to afford lunch ftw.
99c 1.5L of water, $1.99 rice crackers.
Mass feast, imo.

HSC
N/A
i rode to the supermarket thinking id picked up a bargain

2 x 2.25L cola for $3

when i got home, i realised it was the max variety. maximum taste and NO SUGAR

fuk

lala2

Banned
HSC
Gotta love the Resume Rescue Workshops and the Careers Centre in general. Got a full hour of advice out of one of the careers advisers :D Bit more confident now, which is good.

KarmaKitten

HSC
Do they ask you for cover letters for these positions?

From past experiences working in HR, it was the cover letter that stuffed most people up. I was always amazed at the poorly written cover letters.

HSC
N/A
i make my cover letters as loony and original as possible, but also v clear

is that good or bad?

lala2

Banned
HSC
Do they ask you for cover letters for these positions?

From past experiences working in HR, it was the cover letter that stuffed most people up. I was always amazed at the poorly written cover letters.
Wow, what did you do in HR? Can you give a few more tips please? :D

But yeah, one of them asked for a cover letter. The rest are all application forms (both hardcopy and online) so not really. Today I just went through my resume, that one cover letter, and a statement of claims for one of the positions.

KarmaKitten

HSC
I worked in recruitment primarily. So going through resumes/applications and sitting through interviews were my main tasks.

I think my biggest tip once you get to the interview stage is, know your stuff. As in, know everything you can about the role AND the organisation. Research it, learn it and have some questions ready. A lot of promising people turned out to be clueless and hopeless once they got to the interview stage cause they didnt bother to do simple research.

And dont wear jeans to an interview! Never!

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
I think my biggest tip once you get to the interview stage is, know your stuff. As in, know everything you can about the role AND the organisation. Research it, learn it and have some questions ready. A lot of promising people turned out to be clueless and hopeless once they got to the interview stage cause they didnt bother to do simple research.
I made this mistake in my first couple of interviews (one of which i got lucky and got the job, the other one i got turned down). Current job i have now i researched quite a bit before applying (i actually had a semester long research assignment on the company - railcorp - before i applied).

Where do you recruit at if i may ask? :p

On another note, finally got around to doing my tax. mmm juicy tax return...maybe i'll buy a new amp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)